Use this recipe to make delicious venison backstrap fajitas and/or fajita salads.
- Venison Backstrap
- Marinade (I prefer Allegro Hot & Spicy)
- Dressing (We used Cilantro Avocado but Chipotle Ranch would be equally as good)
- Sour cream
1. Marinate the venison, onions, peppers, and mushrooms in your preferred fajita marinade for a couple of hours.
2. After you preheat the grill, sear the venison and begin to grill the marinated vegetables. You may want to use a pan to hold the vegetables on the grill.
3. After the venison is seared, a couple of minutes on each side, set it on top of the vegetables for 5-7 minutes to finish cooking.
4. When the venison is done take it off and cover it to rest. Take this time to finish grilling the vegetables and preparing your preferred accompaniments.