Use the Categories menu below to search by state or the Tags menu to search by type of event.
Sponsored by the QDMA National Headquarters and the QDMA Athens Branch.
Space is limited to 80 participants, this event includes lunch.
Cost: $10 for QDMA members, $35 for non-members (includes 1-year membership)
Come join QDMA Athens Branch for a field day at the National Headquarters with Dr. Craig Harper as we evaluate the newly donated property. This event will include both indoor and outdoor activities. Participants will be divided into two groups. One group will enjoy indoor talks while the other group goes on the outdoor property assessment tour. The groups will flip-flop after lunch.
11-12:30 PM Group 1: Indoor Talks
Group 2: Outdoor Property Tour
12:30 -1:30 PM Lunch (everyone)
1:30-3:30 PM Group 1: Outdoor Property Tour
Group 2: Indoor Talks
Speakers & Topics:
- Assessing a New Hunting Property – Dr. Craig Harper; Extension Wildlife Specialist, University of Tennessee
(walking tour of QDMA’s new land which adjoins the National office)
- Celebrating 30 Years of QDM & QDMA – Joe Hamilton, QDMA Founder and Senior Advisor
- A Look to the Future – Brian Murphy, QDMA CEO
- Predator Impact on Deer Populations in North Georgia – Cheyenne Yates, Warnell school of Forestry and Natural Resources
NOTE: Outdoor Property Tour requirements:
Ability to walk approximately 1 mile (round trip) on a mixture of flat and hilly terrain.
Limited UTV availability for those in need, but advance notification is required.
Questions: Contact QDMA Athens Branch President
Aaron Whiting (770) 530-4722
QDMA merchandise will be available for sale as well!
Non-Member $35.00 (includes 1-year membership)
Topics of conversation include;
- Feral hog impacts on White tailed deer.
- Predator control and trapping techniques.
- Timber management vs. wildlife.
- Reforestation options, prices and services.
Speakers present for the event include;
- Don Thomas with the Ga. Forestry Commission.
- Matt O’Dillen with Canal Wood LLC.
- Charlie Todd with the Jasper County Extension Office.
- Hunter Pruitt with QDMA.
A gun raffle will take place as well!!
Join the Capital District Branch of QDMA and other forestry and wildlife professionals for a woodland habitat workshop. We will be working in a hardwood stand to improve bedding, browse, wildlife cover and future timber value on professionally managed lands. QDMA membership and RSVP required for directions to the site. Join is for a free BBQ on site following the field portion.