The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is seeking a detail-oriented individual with a background in accounting to assist our national office on a full-time regular basis. If you have solid experience in accounting, enjoy organization, appreciate the need for confidentiality, desire to contribute as part of a vibrant team, and seek to work in a fun environment, then we would like to talk with you!
Key job Responsibilities:
- Handles daily Accounts Payable transactions – entry into general ledger and preparation of A/P checks
- Maintain files, including accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings
- Enters bi-weekly payroll into payroll system
- Keys daily entries to the general ledger system
- Prepares invoices and sends to customers
- Maintains employee expense reports
- Prepares daily deposits
- Familiar with multiple bank accounts and bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Credit card reconciliations
- Audit daily sales reports
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in bookkeeping / accounting required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
- Microsoft office proficient (Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with accounting and human resources software
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Human resources background a plus
Benefits / Hours
- Full-time position
- Comprehensive benefit package to include: medical, dental, and vision and Simple IRA matching
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to April Robertson, Assistant Director of Finance and Administration, by July 31, 2019.
QDMA is offering a six-month internship that will run from July 1 to December 31, 2019. The intern will work with the Conservation Department on research, education, advocacy, grant writing and certification program issues.
The selected individual will assist the Conservation Department on identifying research funding opportunities, developing educational materials, engaging in legislative efforts, and helping with QDMA’s certification programs.
Important items to note about the internship include:
- This is an unpaid internship, but QDMA will cooperate with universities/colleges that offer credit for intern programs. The intern must make all arrangements for receiving academic credit.
- The intern will work from home and provide 5-10 hours of work per week during the internship period.
- QDMA will provide the intern with experience in the wildlife field and educational opportunities.
To apply for the internship, please send a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to Kip Adams, Director of Conservation, by June 3, 2019.
The QDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, or religion.