Director of Membership and Field Operations
Position Location: QDMA Headquarters, Bogart, Georgia
The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is seeking a mission-focused, seasoned and team-oriented individual with experience increasing membership and managing remote employees, preferably in a nonprofit conservation organization.
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the CEO, the Director of Membership and Field Operations will:
- Oversee all membership responsibilities including: 1) acquisition, 2) data management, 3) fulfillment, and 4) retention.
- Oversee all grassroots Field Operations including 1) managing Regional Directors who work remotely to assist QDMA Branches (Chapters) with formation, fundraising and mission delivery, 2) overseeing field support coordinators, 3) selecting product for fundraising events, 4) setting and attaining annual fundraising goals, 5) establishing policies and procedures for Branch operations, and 6) ensuring Branch compliance in each state.
- Assist senior leadership with development and implementation of business plans and budgets.
- Lead a performance process that measures progress against stated goals.
- Communicate the association’s brand and mission internally and externally.
- Demonstrated capacity for managing and leading people, both individually and in groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower leaders, and cultivate creativity.
- Hard working and action oriented; not afraid to take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Track record of success with fundraising or sales; preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, information systems and the ability to balance program objectives with budget realities.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; ability to consistently make good decisions and exercise sound judgment; ability to anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into organizational plans.
- College degree, preferably in business, sales, organizational management or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- A strong working knowledge of and passion for deer, deer hunting and the hunting industry.
- Prior experience as a Regional Director or Field Supervisor with a nonprofit conservation organization.
Commensurate with qualifications. QDMA is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including competitive salary, health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
March 20, 2020
Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: Director of Membership and Field Operations Search Committee, C/O QDMA Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622 or send electronically to April Robertson.
QDMA Regional Director—Southwest Region
Position Title: Regional Director
Position Location: Must reside in either Texas, Louisiana or western Mississippi. This is a home-based position
Full-Time, Salaried Position – 40 Hours per week
Position Overview / Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with QDMA Branches to plan, organize, and conduct successful fundraising, and mission events with the goal of increasing net profits in Texas, Louisiana, western Mississippi and Oklahoma (Southwest Region)
- Increase the number of QDMA members and Branches in the Southwest Region
- Promote QDMA programs and facilitate mission involvement by QDMA Branches and members
- Represent QDMA at key meetings and functions
- Collect and disseminate appropriate correspondence for Branches in Region
- Assist QDMA National Office with operational issues as needed
- College degree required
- Solid appreciation and working knowledge of deer hunting and management
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to organize and conduct fundraising events
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Sound computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel frequently and work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Salary / Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include vacation, paid holidays, and flexible working arrangements.
Flexible Work Schedule: The Regional Director position is one that works very closely with volunteers for meeting, planning and executing events. As such, a fair number of the work hours will fall outside of standard working hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm). In fact, during the first couple of years, the portion of your hours that fall outside of the standard working hours could be in the 50-60% range. However, we wish all of our employees to maintain an appropriate work-life balance. In order to do so, we ask that you take time off during the standard working hours in order to account for hours worked during nights and weekends.
Please send resume to April Robertson by March 15, 2020.