Regional Director – Region 2
Position Location: Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, West Virginia and southeast Ohio. This is a home-based position.
Position Overview / Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with QDMA Branches to plan, organize, and conduct successful fundraising and educational events
- Increase the number of QDMA members and Branches in this region
- Promote QDMA programs and facilitate involvement by QDMA Branches and members
- College degree required
- Solid appreciation and working knowledge of deer hunting and management
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to organize and conduct fundraising events
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Sound computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel frequently and work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Salary / Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include competitive health insurance, vacation, retirement, paid holidays, and flexible working arrangements.
Application Process: Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: Ryan Furrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622.
The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA), is seeking candidates for a Communications Internship that will run from July to December 2017. The selected candidate will assist the QDMA Communications Department by researching and writing news releases, promoting and circulating news items, and expanding QDMA’s media contact database. The internship will provide experience in news release writing, social media, e-mail marketing, publication management, and non-profit communications.
This is an unpaid internship of five to 10 hours per week, however QDMA will assist the intern in acquiring academic credit if available from their university. The intern may work from home or, for those living near QDMA Headquarters in Athens, Ga., office work space is available.
- Working toward a degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
- Writing, editing and research skills/experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media.
- Familiar with Associated Press style guidelines.
- Desirable experience: WordPress; Adobe Creative Suite; news or press release writing.
- Personal experience with hunting, fishing or outdoor recreation is desirable.
To apply, please send a cover letter and one-page resume to Lindsay Thomas Jr., Director of Communications.
The QDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, or religion.