Wildlife Management Cooperative Specialist
Position Location: This is a full-time, home-based position. Must reside in southern Missouri.
Position Description: The QDMA is seeking a qualified, self-motivated, and outgoing individual to serve as a Wildlife Management Cooperative specialist to:
- Work with private landowners to establish and support wildlife management cooperatives in the southern Missouri.
- Conduct habitat management trainings for private landowners and help coordinate private land assistance programs with Missouri Department of Conservation (DOC) staff.
- Participate in projects to promote wildlife conservation, conservation education and Missouri’s hunting heritage.
- Increase awareness of QDMA by recruiting new members and sponsors.
- Promote both QDMA’s national programs and conservation partner programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in wildlife or related natural resource field
- Experience and working knowledge of deer hunting and management
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to organize and coordinate educational events
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Sound computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to travel frequently and work outside normal business hours
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Develop landowner cooperative newsletter for distribution at least twice per year.
- Conduct an annual statewide email survey, as well as organize an in-person meeting for wildlife management cooperative leaders.
- Maintain close working relationship with other state and national QDMA employees.
- Maintain close working relationship with MDC Private Land Conservationists. Provide monthly updates on current activities and attend regional staff meetings whenever possible.
Salary/Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include competitive health insurance, vacation, retirement, paid holidays, and flexible working arrangements.
Application Process: Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: WMC Specialist Search Committee, QDMA, P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622.
Application Deadline: Sept 2, 2019.
The QDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, or religion.