Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > Trail Cameras

Old 12-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default "Runaway" trigger in sub zero temps

deleted........
Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 AM
QDMA Member

I have the same issue with the same cam. I just pulled it yesterday to warm up inside for a while and see if that help. I haven't sent mine back in ever and it has been working perfectly all fall. Just started to act up like your when real cold weather hit. I am leaving mine inside for a couple days, then putting new batteries in it and try it. I'll let you know.

I have run BTC all year round in the past and this has not been an issue, so not sure what's going on.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 PM
QDMA Member

Have you tried doing any of the updates from the Bushnell site? I may give that a try, but this one is less than or right at a year old.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
QDMA Member

I have an 119547 that did the same thing, but it was before it got extremely cold. Firmware update has seemed to fix it. It's been back out for about 3 months now with no issues.

$20 worth of batteries starts to get old when the things run away on you...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsmith View Post

Any chance the extended period sub zero (like -20) could have triggered this? Any chance it will return to working normally once the temps get closer to normal (above zero, below freezing) or is it screwed?

Yes, & yes. I run 5 Bushnell cams and experienced this w/ one of them last Dec/early Jan last year. Pulled the cam as the season was over. Put it back out this spring w/ fresh batt's and it's performed flawless. Just pulled it yesterday - was still going strong. Your batteries could be weak too. Most issues occur from low voltage that I've experienced.

This was off a Bushnell Natureview a week or so ago. All that's left on this place is 4 fawns and 2 coyotes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTbTSRktTk
Old 12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
QDMA Member

i've got 5 bushnell cameras and at 3 of them started fire like crazy when it got down under 13degrees. as soon as it warmed back up, the slowed down to normal.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:32 PM
QDMA Member

I have two TC that I bought this summer. I hope mine don't have the same problem with this cold weather. I'll be up Saturday hunting and changing cam cards. I'll post an update on how mine are performing.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:45 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsmith View Post

Maybe I'll set 'em aside until towards April and then try 'em again

If this is the case, What a major bust for me . I set/change batteries in my cams for the last time, the last weekend of muzzleloader. I count on them for winter pictures when I head back up in March.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:37 PM
QDMA Member

I did the upgrade on mine last night and used the dog for a test dummy. When I checked it this morning there were 21 pics of her all at separate times through the night...no wonder she sleeps all day Anyway I am going to put it out in the cold and see what happens.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:07 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknstring View Post
Yes, & yes. I run 5 Bushnell cams and experienced this w/ one of them last Dec/early Jan last year. Pulled the cam as the season was over. Put it back out this spring w/ fresh batt's and it's performed flawless. Just pulled it yesterday - was still going strong. Your batteries could be weak too. Most issues occur from low voltage that I've experienced.

This was off a Bushnell Natureview a week or so ago. All that's left on this place is 4 fawns and 2 coyotes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTbTSRktTk

Exact same thing happens to me. I run my cams from J to J. July to Jan. No need to run them anymore as I am only using them for deer. Mine does the same thing every single year and I it's usually a sign to say that the season is over.