Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Default Whitetail Deer Game Movement Chart

I know nobody here believes in these things, but I've been building this the last few years to help myself isolate good times to hunt. It takes into account your local weather, local moon, local solar...etc. to formulate a score for every hour of every day for the next 7 days.

Click on ANY hour to see the detail of that particular hour. Drag hours around to compare side-by-side.

Looks like this weekend is shaping up fairly nicely for some morning sits in my area!!! I'm pretty excited, highest scores of the year so far for me. All I've seen so far this year is mosquitoes and deer flies!!!

btw, I'm down in south ga, haven't looked at any northern charts yet.

Feedback is always welcome!! Enjoy!

http://www.ranulos.com

*general disclaimer: This thing was built for my own personal use, I don't charge or make any money off of anything to do with it. Just wanted to share it with fellow outdoorsmen and women!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM

No joke I was searching the internet for a Major and Minor chart last night. Thank you very much for posting this! I saved it in my favorites!
Question: Could this change daily due to the weather? The forecast isn't always right?
The reason I ask is I'm hoping it'll change for the weekend....going hunting this weekend and it's saying "it's better than work" which I know isn't bad but just wondering if there's hope for a "Go HUNT"
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMN View Post
No joke I was searching the internet for a Major and Minor chart last night. Thank you very much for posting this! I saved it in my favorites!
Question: Could this change daily due to the weather? The forecast isn't always right?
The reason I ask is I'm hoping it'll change for the weekend....going hunting this weekend and it's saying "it's better than work" which I know isn't bad but just wondering if there's hope for a "Go HUNT"

Yes, it recalculates each time you visit the page. So if the forecast changes the scores/weather conditions shown will change as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 AM
QDMA Member

If you could determine all of the influences to daylight deer movement, and actually calculate their complex interactions accurately, you could become a wealthy man. Good luck with that...
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
I know nobody here believes in these things, but I've been building this the last few years to help myself isolate good times to hunt. It takes into account your local weather, local moon, local solar...etc. to formulate a score for every hour of every day for the next 7 days.

Click on ANY hour to see the detail of that particular hour. Drag hours around to compare side-by-side.

Looks like this weekend is shaping up fairly nicely for some morning sits in my area!!! I'm pretty excited, highest scores of the year so far for me. All I've seen so far this year is mosquitoes and deer flies!!!

btw, I'm down in south ga, haven't looked at any northern charts yet.

Feedback is always welcome!! Enjoy!

http://www.ranulos.com

*general disclaimer: This thing was built for my own personal use, I don't charge or make any money off of anything to do with it. Just wanted to share it with fellow outdoorsmen and women!!

Rusty, I used this last season after you posted it and I believe you have a winner. You should be trying to find a way to profit from your work. It may not be perfect, but a very good indicator of increased deer activity while hunting. Thanks again for the post!