Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > Bowhunters' Firepot

Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
QDMA Member

Default Great Idea with kids

Yesterday got my 9 year old to agree to go to the "bow store" with me. The bribe was to let him shoot the techno hunt. The big movie screen with the deer and other animals that are in the screen then you shoot them with special rounded points so you don't wreck the screen.

Normally I can get him to shoot 10 or 15 arrows. He had that many in on the practice range. We adjusted his site and then it was our turn for the techno shoot.

He would shoot 4 arrows then we would go pick them up. Bet he flung 50 arrows before we left. He shot deer, moose, bears, a giraffe, a bunch of African animals, rams, etc. He loved it. I think it was only $7 or $8.

Then we hit the Perkins for chocolate chip pancakes.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
QDMA Member

Sounds like an awesome day, DL! Glad you've found something that you guys can do together, and have a lot of fun.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM

That sounds like a great way to kids involved and interested in the outdoors. Where did you go to do that? We don't have any of those type of things in my area but I would be interested in taking my son if I could find one...

Thanks,
VHORN4
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
QDMA Member

Glad you and the boy had a nice day together, that's what it's all about. Everytime we go to the archery shop my 7 yr old asks if he can shoot the techno, most times we have time and he does, and the owner lets the kids use a special gun sometimes as well that shoots at the screen. It's easier to hit the animals using that versus the arrows.

The next step for us is to have him try out the Mission Craze, he saw another boy, about 10-11 yrs old shooting one that was all decked out and fell in love with it! Dad's wallet will be lighter soon I think.....

Proud member of: QDMA, Whitetails Unlimited, Ducks Unlimited, Walleyes for Tomorrow, and Shadows on The Wolf
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
QDMA Member

That was in Hudson, Wisconsin.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Default Youth Bow

Before you buy the Craze make sure you look at the Bear Outbreak. I was about to buy the Craze for my 11 year old the past Christmas and the bow shop turned me on to the Outbreak. Has a lot more adjustability than the Craze and is a pretty darned nice little bow. My boy absolutely loves it.