Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
CanOpener's Avatar
CanOpener CanOpener is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West & Central Michigan
Posts: 1,623
Default New world record 8 point....183 1/8"....Illinois

Saw this in Deer & Deer Hunting today....posted it in another thread, but I figured we could just start a new one.
Attached Images
 
__________________

QDMA Member
Michigan State University Graduate
Support our Troops
BIBLE BELIEVING....GOD FEARING....FAR RIGHT....CONSERVATIVE....AMERICAN
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
November Sunrise November Sunrise is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 433
Default

That is one majestic rack. Congrats to the successful hunter.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Alpha Doe's Avatar
Alpha Doe Alpha Doe is online now
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pike County, Illinois (USDA Zone 5b)
Posts: 5,133
Default

Darn....Illinois was just starting to fly under the radar as the best sleeper state.
__________________

In a world where you can be anything...be yourself!

You can agree with me...or you can be wrong

Swallowing words before you say them is much better than having to eat them afterwards.

http://www.outreachoutdoors.com/

http://www.godvine.com/Carrie-Underw...t-New-392.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
BigBuck's Avatar
BigBuck BigBuck is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Doe View Post
Darn....Illinois was just starting to fly under the radar as the best sleeper state.

I swear I heard some where that Pike County was a good spot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
M.Magis M.Magis is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cambridge, OH
Posts: 1,151
Default

Thatís a giant of a deer. But, where do people always come up with the ďNew world record ď_Ē pointerĒ claims? There have been numerous 180Ē+ deer over the years, including one at over 187Ē and a few in the mid 180s. Donít get me wrong, itís world class. Itís just not world record.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Nova's Avatar
Nova Nova is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stillwater, MN & Ottertail County
Posts: 1,981
Default

WOW !!! that's a giant!!
__________________
Certified plot addict!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:38 PM
popeyoung9's Avatar
popeyoung9 popeyoung9 is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Magis View Post
Thatís a giant of a deer. But, where do people always come up with the ďNew world record ď_Ē pointerĒ claims? There have been numerous 180Ē+ deer over the years, including one at over 187Ē and a few in the mid 180s. Donít get me wrong, itís world class. Itís just not world record.

Actually You can look in the b/c and p/y record book. Any beam with a 4 point is scored as a main frame 8. So You could claim a world record 8. The 05' p and y book has a 175 inch mainframe 8 from Wisconsin as the largest.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
popeyoung9's Avatar
popeyoung9 popeyoung9 is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Doe View Post
Darn....Illinois was just starting to fly under the radar as the best sleeper state.

HAHA,
The book tells me Pike county has been out of the closet for years. I like your humor tho.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
M.Magis M.Magis is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cambridge, OH
Posts: 1,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyoung9 View Post
Actually You can look in the b/c and p/y record book. Any beam with a 4 point is scored as a main frame 8. So You could claim a world record 8. The 05' p and y book has a 175 inch mainframe 8 from Wisconsin as the largest.

I understand that part. Itís just that these "new world record 8 pointers" seem to pop up every year, when in reality they arenít.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 PM
popeyoung9's Avatar
popeyoung9 popeyoung9 is offline
QDMA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Magis View Post
I understand that part. Itís just that these "new world record 8 pointers" seem to pop up every year, when in reality they arenít.

I hear ya. There is only one mainframe 6 point in the book, so He would be the self proclaimed world record holder of 6 points. That, and $3.84 will get You a gallon of gas.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.