Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
QDMA Member

He dug up that old woman and sold her jewelry for a fortune!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhunter View Post
I thought it would be interesting to know what everyone on here does for a living, or how you all get money to buy all the huntin toys. Me; I'm a 20yrs old full time college student and part time warehouse employee at a local building supply center in Lexington VA. your turn.

Be patient grasshopper, you will be as old as us one day with the kids out of the house and have time and money for this QDMA stuff!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM

Elected Official (County Commissioner).
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
QDMA Member

I was Vice President of a large Power Company and retired 4 years ago after 33 years of service.

Right after retiring I took a job as a consultant with a large firm and have been doing that for about 4 years now. Instead of working for one Power Company I now work for many.

My other interests are:

1. Sanctioned NWTF Still Target Shooting: Been very successful at that. Lots of knowledge of chokes, shotshells, and turkey guns. Iíve never counted the number of turkey chokes I own but would guess between 200 and 300. Iíve shot as many as 100 three inch magnums in one setting. It sounds painful, but after you do it about 50 times, you quit feeling any pain.

2. Managing my 100 acres for deer and other wildlife. I love habitat work.

3. Deer hunting, turkey hunting, and occasionally other types of hunting.

4. Long range rifle shooting and handloading. I donít compete at this Ė just do it for the fun.

5. Studying old timerís methods on living off the land and wilderness survival. I have a pretty good library and enjoy learning knowledge from the past that is being lost today.

6. Serving the Lord through supporting my church and trying my best to live the life that I should live.

7. Supporting the Second Amendment without any compromise (period). No ifs, ands, buts or anything else Ė total support.

8. And, Iím now addicted to this forumÖÖÖ.

Best Wishes - Steve
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
QDMA Member

Default teacher

Teacher.......

Thomas A. Edison
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Auto Repair Shop Service Manager.
660 Acre Farm Owner.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
QDMA Member

Oil & gas landman for the time being, I graduated with a BS in business administration last spring
Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Hunter View Post
I was Vice President of a large Power Company and retired 4 years ago after 33 years of service.

Right after retiring I took a job as a consultant with a large firm and have been doing that for about 4 years now. Instead of working for one Power Company I now work for many.

My other interests are:

1. Sanctioned NWTF Still Target Shooting: Been very successful at that. Lots of knowledge of chokes, shotshells, and turkey guns. Iíve never counted the number of turkey chokes I own but would guess between 200 and 300. Iíve shot as many as 100 three inch magnums in one setting. It sounds painful, but after you do it about 50 times, you quit feeling any pain.

2. Managing my 100 acres for deer and other wildlife. I love habitat work.

3. Deer hunting, turkey hunting, and occasionally other types of hunting.

4. Long range rifle shooting and handloading. I donít compete at this Ė just do it for the fun.

5. Studying old timerís methods on living off the land and wilderness survival. I have a pretty good library and enjoy learning knowledge from the past that is being lost today.

6. Serving the Lord through supporting my church and trying my best to live the life that I should live.

7. Supporting the Second Amendment without any compromise (period). No ifs, ands, buts or anything else Ė total support.

8. And, Iím now addicted to this forumÖÖÖ.

Best Wishes - Steve

I've got to compliiment you on those other interests. I don't know much about the turkeys, though.

NRA Life Member
Muskies, Inc. Life Member
Minnesota Deer Hunters Association
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbur View Post
I've got to compliiment you on those other interests. I don't know much about the turkeys, though.

Sandbur, great thing about turkeys is that they have to come out in daylight to eat. Unlike mature whitetail deer!!