Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Default Brevettata Model 999 (22 cal.)

Anyone know anything about these handguns? One of the girls that works for me was cleaning out her dad's house last week and found 2 of them. In all honesty, they look like little toy guns, but they are real. Didn't know if they had any monetary value.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
QDMA Member

Doesn't look like they are worth much. I found a little info scattered around doing a google search on them.

Quote:
Model 999
Made in Italy Brevettata
.22 cal Blank Firing Starters Pistol (Not worth much unless somebody wanted it, LOL $25.00 - $50.00)

Quote:
It was manufactured in Italy and is in fact a 6 shot starter pistol. It shoots a 22 round but it is shorter than the shortest blank I can find commercially. If you have one and can't figure out how to open it, find a safe location, point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger.
A smalll flap will open on the rear and the magazine ( I use that term lightly) will feed out the back. If you can find a round that fits it, it will fire straight up and turn down the barrel. I am sure if you have one the barrell actually looks between a 32 and a 38 caliber. Exhaust only.

Quote:
Most of these take the 5mm Flobert round!

Have you looked down the barrel? Maybe at some point they have been modified to remove the obstruction pin from the barrel or something?

1996 Kubota L4200 Tractor with Loader, 8' disc, 6' rotary mower, 7' box blade, 14' grain drill, 2 row planter, 400lb broadcast spreader, single point chisel plow.