Go Back   QDMA Forums > Trading Post > Hunt Clubs Seeking Members

Old 04-27-2008, 02:02 AM

Default Spartanburg area hunt club looking for a few members

This is an established 500 acre hardwood hunt club looking for a few more members. It's $1,000 a head w/ a maximum of 10 members. We have numerous food plots throughout the property, a 1,000 yards of power right-of-way(90% planted), numerous bottoms, big stands of mature white oaks, 30 acre mature pine stand and plenty of water year round provided by 3 nice streams. New 15' metal ladder stands w/ custom shooting rails. We have the quality and a quantity of deer and turkey.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Spartanburg Club

I am interested in the membership. Please let me know details of how to join etc..
Old 05-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Send me a private message w/ your regular e-mail and I will send you a set of our 2007/2008 rules and an aerial of the property. If you are still interested at that point we can set up a time to walk the property.

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 PM

still have one more spot open
Old 06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
QDMA Member

Good luck, elroma. Sounds like an awesome upstate club due to hardwood forest and powerlines being planted. Let me know how your season goes.

What do you have planted on the powerlines?

We're getting ready to do some soybeans this month. I put in some peas in mid-May.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 AM

right now (last season) we have a mix of rape, oats, ww and peas. This fall we are planting Durana,Chickory, oats and a 1/2 acre sandy spot of chufa. That all depends on mother nature though. We need FEET of rain!! I will let you know how it goes. Last year the numbers on the powerline were very high.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
QDMA Member

Elroma,

We finally got rain yesterday. Storms and then steady rain. Good news. Hope you get some soon.

I've been hearing good things about chicory. Supposed to do well even when clover doesn't
Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 AM

Thats good too hear. Still missing us here. Went out to the property yesterday and saw where we had gotten some rain but that got sucked up right away. We are going to plant soybeans and IC Pea's this weekend. Going to keep with the program. Historically, the drought can't last forever....RIGHT??
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
QDMA Member

That's right. It will rain.

Hey...concerning your IC Peas and soybeans...someone said you could start germinating them in a bucket of water and then let them partially dry before planting and it would help compensate for the drought. Never tried it but I'm going to in July. People do that for their gardens but I don't know what it will do for plots.

I hope you get your rain soon. Just a touch of what the midwest got.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:16 PM

that sounds interesting. my concern with that would be that the seed gets too soft and splits, kinda like a peanut. Especially when being rough handled with equipment. Let me know how it goes.

I do know that if you have acidic soil and your lime hasn't had enough time to work the ph up...you can add the trace element Molybendum (sp??) in solution at 1 to 2 oz per acre to help the plant fix Nitrogen.

The soil cant be below 5.5 though or it wont work. I haven't tried this yet, but plan to this weekend.