Go Back   QDMA Forums > Habitat Management > Native Habitat/Forest Management

Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM
QDMA Member

Default Panoramic application

I am getting ready to plant 25 acres into CP-2 prairie grass. I am going to do a final spraying of one quart per acre of gly and also add Panoramic to the tank before drilling seed early in May.
Does anybody know how much per acre of Panoramic is reccomended? Also, what kind of surfactant is reccomended with this tank mixture?
Thanks for the help.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM

I looked up CP2 and see the mix contains switch. Panoramic can be harmful to switch and is recommended at 2-4oz/acre in mixes containing it. I planted a similar mix last year (big/little blue, indiangrass, switch, and wildflowers), and sprayed at 2-3oz/acre and had excellent weed control all season long.

Here is a link to the label, should be everything you need to know:
http://www.alligarellc.com/_products..._2SL_LABEL.pdf
Old 04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
QDMA Member

Thanks Gunfun. I did some research and found the same thing about possibly harming the switch. Your reccomendation of 2-3 ounces/acre is consistent with what I have concluded.
Hard to believe that little bit of chemical can do that much control over an entire acre.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM
QDMA Member

I'll be establishing ~58 acres of CP-2 and CP-4D (90% of which is the same composition as the CP-2; 10% consists of trees and shrubs), in the next two months. I am planning on using Plateau herbicide, and have done some readin on it. But, I am not familiar with Panoramic. Is it similar?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
I'll be establishing ~58 acres of CP-2 and CP-4D (90% of which is the same composition as the CP-2; 10% consists of trees and shrubs), in the next two months. I am planning on using Plateau herbicide, and have done some readin on it. But, I am not familiar with Panoramic. Is it similar?

I'm no expert but it is supposed to be the equivilent to Plateau, the Generic version if you will. I found it for $189 a gallon. I think Plateau was around $250 if I am remembering correctly. I know the guy who was going to do our planting until we decided to do it ourselves was going to use Panoramic and he has years of experience with this sort of planting.