Go Back   QDMA Forums > Trading Post > Land for Lease

Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM
QDMA Member

Default ** UPDATE WITH VIDEO ** Illinois Hunt 2012/13

UPDATE: I am going to change this offer to either the Illinois second gun season (4 day) 11/29, 11/30, 12/1 & 12/2 OR the Illinois late Muzzleloader season 12/9, 12/10 & 12/11. I wont be filling both hunts, JUST one of these. I have had a few inquiries on the hunt but it is still available. I cannot tell you how great this area is for whitetails and my farm sits smack in the middle of it!

Lodging is NOT included. Lodging consists of the normal hotel chains(most are brand new) in Macomb, Illinois. I have electric at the farm, skinning shed and dryer in the shed should you need it.

140" / 4 year old minimum and hunting pressure is VERY LOW on this farm. I only go out once or twice per year. Trophy track record on kills on my farm is excellent and 3 of those kills can be seen on Bucks of Tecomate past episodes, one of which was right at 180 inches.

Here is a short video I shot last year shortly after I killed this buck. http://youtu.be/BuAR-pgIq54

If you are seriously interested in knowing more about this opportunity, please email me at foodplotdude@gmail.com. I think you will be surprised at how affordable this hunt is, especially when compared to outfitters pricing, respectfully.

Want daily food plot tips and photos in your Facebook News Feed? LIKE our Facebook Page

Last edited by foodplotdude : 04-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
QDMA Member

I hunted a couple of properties there last year foodplotdude, in between Tennessee and Plymouth. Very nice properties. I passed on quite a few and could not get shots at a couple good ones. My buddy shot a 152" 14pt. I'm hunting down in Schuyler Co. this year or I would take you up on it.

Last edited by maya : 04-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
QDMA Member

Here is a video I shot on this farm after I killed this buck. My hunting partner had already killed a near 160 buck the morning before on the other side of the farm.

http://youtu.be/BuAR-pgIq54

Want daily food plot tips and photos in your Facebook News Feed? LIKE our Facebook Page
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM

I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet!!

Great opportunity to hunt a fantastic piece of land.

You not coming out this year?

Last edited by 8ball3290 : 05-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya View Post
I hunted a couple of properties there last year foodplotdude, in between Tennessee and Plymouth. Very nice properties. I passed on quite a few and could not get shots at a couple good ones. My buddy shot a 152" 14pt. I'm hunting down in Schuyler Co. this year or I would take you up on it.

Where in schuyler county are you hunting ? My farm is just Ne of rushville..
Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 PM
QDMA Member

Looks like the video was filmed outside rushville from the pic at the end ??
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
QDMA Member

My farm is located NE of Rushville, east of #67 back in the middle of that huge track of timber running east/west. The southern border of my property IS the Schuyler/McDonough County line

Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM
QDMA Member

I was within a few miles of your farm last year on a couple different farms. One was right off Co HWY 24. West of you though I guess.

Muzzy, I'm not positive where the farm is we are hunting this year, but I think it's west of you on the Adams Co border.

Last edited by maya : 05-06-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM
QDMA Member

I think im south east of foodplotdude,my place is 1 mile south of rt 24 as you cross sugar creek on rt 24 ,right south of the welocome to schuyler county sign at kale bough and hedricks rd.We bought it last year and seems to be a great area !!Saw some real nice bucks last year,passed 6-8 2-1/2 year olds. Great area i would think someone would jump at the chance to hunt that place....
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 AM
QDMA Member

Just in the 2nd gun(4 day hunt) last year I passed on 4 115-120" bucks and couldn't get a shot at a 140ish, and saw a true monster for just enough time to get my gun up to my shoulder.

Anyone really looking for some good hunting, you really need to talk to FPD on this offer!