Go Back   QDMA Forums > QDMA Branch Activities > Starting a Branch

Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
QDMA Member

Default New Illinois (East Peoria/Bloomington area) Branch

Rallying troops for a new Branch in the area between East Peoria and Blooington, IL! If you have the desire to be involved, in any capacity, and would like to attend an informative Charter meeting, to meet those involved and discuss what activities and programs the Branch will support, please contact me!
We are currently looking at dates for the meeting, and I will announce it here, in this thread, as soon as one has been determined. We expect it will be held near Morton, IL. If you're local to the area, and are excited about QDM and QDMA, I highly encourage you to get in touch with me, to discuss how you can be involved!
Send me a PM on the forum, or an email to chase@wciqdma.com
Thanks!!

Chase Burns ~ President
West Central Illinois Branch QDMA
Illinois State Chapter QDMA
Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

If there is anything i can do to help just let me know! I am working on several other people also!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
QDMA Member

Count me in! I'll keep my eye open for the meeting time.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
QDMA Member

Very glad to see some interest! A meeting date has not yet been scheduled, but it will happen within the next 60 days, for sure. We are still rallying interest, and trying to get the word out, so as to make sure we get some quality, dedicated QDM enthusiasts involved. Keep talking it up, and send all questions, and contact info of interested people, to me!

-Chase Burns
chase@wciqdma.com
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
QDMA Member

The West Central Illinois Branch will be holding a booth at the IL Deer & Turkey Classic in Peoria, IL, on March 23rd-25th. If you are from the Peoria/East Peoria/Morton/Bloomington/Normal area, and you are interested in the establishment of a new QDMA Branch, PLEASE STOP BY OUR BOOTH at this show!! We'll have one of the guys driving the Charter of this new Branch, with us in the booth, over the course of the weekend, so you can shake hands, and talk about what involvement you might be interested in having. And, we'll have a sign-up sheet in the booth, also, so we can capture your contact information, and make sure you hear about the upcoming Charter meeting that we'll be holding, sometime in April. We'll have full details about that meeting, by the time that show comes around, and I'll post them, here, as well (expect it to be held just outside of Morton, IL).
Please keep the positive responses coming, and if you know someone from that area, that you think would like to get involved with a very strong, new QDMA Branch, at the ground level, please have them contact me, ASAP!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
QDMA Member

You are too far out of my home range for me to be an involved member but count on Real World Wildlife Seed as being a sponsor in some degree (donated items for events, etc). Good luck!

Specializing in whitetail habitat consulting and conservation tree planting projects

Co-Owner - Real World Wildlife Seed Co. www.realworldwildlifeseed.com

There Really is a Difference ... Dare to Compare!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 PM
QDMA Member

Chase, Hoping to make it over Friday with lil man. Will stop by booth and meet in person.

Great gesture Don!

Thanks,

Brad
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Higgins View Post
You are too far out of my home range for me to be an involved member but count on Real World Wildlife Seed as being a sponsor in some degree (donated items for events, etc). Good luck!

That's terrific, Don! I'll be sure to put you in touch with the appointed Branch leaders, so that they can coordinate with you. Your committment to support the expansion of QDMA, within our state, is admirable.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 AM
QDMA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthoele View Post
Chase, Hoping to make it over Friday with lil man. Will stop by booth and meet in person.

Brad, glad hear your coming to the show. But, I will not be there on Friday, unfortunately. I am going down this evening to set up the booth, and will be there all day on Saturday, and all morning (until around 12:30pm) on Sunday. We (wife and I) have had two very sick little kids, for the past week and a half, and I need to spend some time with my family, now.
Please do stop by the booth and meet the Committee members that will be working it, at that time, though. On Friday, it will be John Torbert and Randy Thomson, who are a couple of our habitat gurus; very knowledgable gentlemen.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM
QDMA Member

Default Reviving this subject...

Alright folks... We had seen some very high interest amongst folks located in the target area, but the lead man (who would likely have become the Branch President) has unfortunately relocated out of the area (career priorities). So, that put a little bit of a speed bump in the start up of this new Branch, this spring.
With that said, there are still plenty of interested folks in the area, and a very strong base of prospective sponsors and supporters in the nearby metro areas. I've been busy building a house on our farm, and with several other major undertakings. But, we'll be winding down with construction, soon, and I'm eager to see something moving forward in getting a new Branch off the ground, in this area. Please reply here, and let me know if you are interested in being involved, let us know what level of committment you are willing to make. Many hands makes light work, but it will take at least one highly dedicated individual to keep a Branch organized and running. I can help lessen your learning curve in many respects, and our Branches will feed off of each others' membership recruitment efforts.
I'm happy to answer questions about how much time it actually takes to run a Branch, if you are at all willing to consider becoming the first President of this new Branch.

BUT... before you tell me that you "just don't have time", let me enlighten you as to how I fill my schedule. I'm President of the West Central Illinois Branch and, also, of the Illinois State Chapter. I have a two jobs (one full-time career and one as partner in a prominent land marketing business) and am married with two young children. I own a home that requires regular maintenance and "honey-dos", just like most of you. I am, also, building a new home (acting as the general contractor and doing most of the labor myself) on our farm, right now. I serve on a county conservation advisory board, and on the Illinois Habitat Conservation Fund Committee. I somehow still manage to perform TSI work in accordance with our Forest Management Plan, and do a little food plotting, on our property, in addition to managing another family farm. I have a lot more irons in the fire than most people are comfortable with, but I still love being a QDMA Branch President. Trust me, if I can committ the time to make a Branch successful, so can you. I'm not Super Man. If you want a Branch to exist in your area, stop waiting for someone else to take the initiative and just do it yourself! I'll help you. Just make the committment by saying, "I'm gonna start this Branch and do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't fail.", and let's get this thing going. There's gonna be some tough times, and now and then, you'll feel like you don't have anyone else behind the movement. But, you will have, because I'll be there behind you. As your Branch strengthens, you'll be so glad you did it, because you'll make so many awesome new friends, who love whitetails, and share the values that are common amongst QDMA members. Trust me, it'll be worth it!