Go Back   QDMA Forums > General QDM > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 PM
QDMA Member

Since we don't have any computer programmers in our co-op, I just started up a free page on shutterfly. They have some nice options on format and ours is set up like a sports club. We have a spot for photos, journal, calendar of events, message board, etc. It's worked out very well and we have pretty good participation of posting trail cam pics and harvest pics. In just over a year we have almost 6,000 hits, pretty good for a little hunting group!

I agree on the people management. Not everyone will want to post pics, be involved, or agree with what you are trying to do, but ever so slowly more and more will come around and after a few years you'd be surprised how large the co-op will be.

Stay positive!! That's the biggest goal you should have as a leader, make it fun and make people WANT to be involved and think it's cool and a fun thing to be part of. Check out my website if you want ideas: www.weasaldamdeerhunters.shutterfly.com

Proud member of: QDMA, Whitetails Unlimited, Ducks Unlimited, Walleyes for Tomorrow, and Shadows on The Wolf
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Boy View Post
Since we don't have any computer programmers in our co-op, I just started up a free page on shutterfly. They have some nice options on format and ours is set up like a sports club. We have a spot for photos, journal, calendar of events, message board, etc. It's worked out very well and we have pretty good participation of posting trail cam pics and harvest pics. In just over a year we have almost 6,000 hits, pretty good for a little hunting group!

I agree on the people management. Not everyone will want to post pics, be involved, or agree with what you are trying to do, but ever so slowly more and more will come around and after a few years you'd be surprised how large the co-op will be.

Stay positive!! That's the biggest goal you should have as a leader, make it fun and make people WANT to be involved and think it's cool and a fun thing to be part of. Check out my website if you want ideas: www.weasaldamdeerhunters.shutterfly.com

Thanks a lot......I really appreciate the help. That's a really nice webpage. I was hoping there would be some folks on here with websites already established that I could pull ideas from. Our website was started yesterday and is still in its infancy. A small group of us are gathering ideas and creating the website. We want to get it all put together first before taking it public.

Last edited by crimson n' camo : 02-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.