PDA

View Full Version : C'mere Deer

d&dgang
08-17-2006, 09:16 AM
What has been your results using C'mere Deer attractant. Is it really any better than any other attractant on the market? I resently was at Bass Pro's Fall Classic and they had a seminar (sales pitch) on C'mere Deer. According to them you better not carry it in your pocket or the deer will eat your pants off! Well maybe not that bad, but they really made it sound like it was a miracle product. I've had some out for three days (I guess there sales pitch worked) but have not had any activity. Just wondering what was someone elses experiences.

d&dgang:

sboone270
08-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I have poured it on corn (after deer season was over) and once the corn was gone the deer, hogs and coons continued to tear up the ground in that spot for about a week. I got a ton of pics over the spot.

Land Owner
08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Before this product was introduced for retail sale, I was given a very small portion for "testing". I liberally doused a piece of cloth and hung it in front of my stand @ 25 yards. About 45 minutes later a doe walked right up to and sniffed the cloth. Not being a "doe day" she walked. Nothing else came to it all day. Coincidence? Perhaps...

The next day I put a wick in the rest of the bottle and hung it upside down from a tree @ 200 yards where there is abundant deer activity. Result: nothing.

Test "population" of 2 (statistically insignificant). Number of hits 1. Probability 50-50 (in these tests). My opinion? If a deer is curious, not threatened, and in the vicinity perhaps it may sniff in the direction of this product.

CONSIDER:
If this product was/is a true deer lure would you buy it for that advantage? Do you want assurance of a "hit" on every "hunt"? I think that pretty soon there would be nothing left to hunt...

banc123
08-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Are there different kinds ? I saw some "powdered" kind on e-bay that looked like what you would pour over corn or on the ground like a mineral lick. I can kind of see something like that maybe working , but would be hard pressed to think a scent type attractant outside of a doe in estrus during rut would work very well. Food type, maybe, scent type....not sure. I don't have any problems getting pictures so I haven't really been interested.

groundshrinkage
08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
I was told that the powder was actually rice bran that has been "treated" with the liq.

kodiakswitchback
08-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I was wondering about the stuff...Wally World has both the powder and liquid for $23.95, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money on something that may be a gimick

WVhunter
08-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I tried it last year, both the liquid and powder. I put the powder on the ground in front of my trail cam and got several pic's most of wich were bucks. The liquid was mixed in one gallon of water, per instuctions on label, and sprayed on multaflora rose, a week latter the sprayed rose was eat'n off. It takes about a week for them to get used to it. It's not just a lure like doe in heat etc. you have to mix the liquid and spray on vegitation. It worked very good in our area.

300 Win Mag
08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Iput some powder out on some stumps a few weeks ago. It rained and the powder all molded, moldy fuzzy stumps. :eek: I still have some left, will try again, maybe just the wrong conditions. :confused:

OKArcher
08-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Granted, I don't hunt where there are tons of deer, but the times I've used it I've seen no response. I've put it out in front of cameras for weeks at a time and took zero pictures.

Land Owner
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Your Retail Distributor would say your camera settings were off and the scent was working just fine. I would say that where ever they test the stuff, it may have those deer doped but your deer and my deer (figuratively speaking) are not the same. Your plots and my plots are different. Your nutrients and my nutrients are different. Your waters and my waters are different. Your soils and my soils are different. Your deer chemistry and my deer chemistry are different, and the deer know it, whether you and I can figure that out or not. Kind of like human dialects or living on Love Canal or inner city youth compared to rural ones or the north vs. the south, or Americans compared to (fill in the blanks) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Anderson
08-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I think in the long run you will be much better off spending the $24 on food plot seed, fertilizer, and/or chainsaw fuel.

Deanmac
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
I have seen this stuff discussed on three different hunting forums.
Very few people state they would purchase it again.

I have some, a good saleman at a hunting show. LOL

Will try this year, but not much confidence in the stuff.