PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas stinks!!!!

EasyMN
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
NEVER again will I order anything from them! Not honoring the price they advertised on the spreader!!! We ordered it back in June! That is BS. They told me they will get the money from people that already recieved the spreader for the advertised price......YEAH RIGHT! The lady on the phone was as rude as could be also. I asked if they would try and make me happy or give me a discount or something. "She said she would honor the new sale price of $199.99 for me." GEEE THANKS.
CABELAS YOU SUCK!

SJWhitetail
07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
When did you realize the price difference? Did you call in an order, online or in person?

timnick
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I got the same call today; from two people. They were very nice. I guess it was an error on their part. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is...

wiscwhip
07-16-2013, 05:35 PM
It must be this forum, lol. As I remember, didn't some guys get janked on a tree "deal" earlier this year too?

bbcoach
07-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Was this the same ATV Seeder/Spreader that was recently on sale for $89 that was original $239?

EasyMN
07-16-2013, 05:54 PM
They called us and informed us that they will not honor the price. That was pretty much it. Been waiting a few weeks and excited as hell to get it. They're the ones that told me the price had changed and that was just today. Not when I ordered it and not when they emailed me saying it was back ordered only when they called today.

Chummer
07-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I would go up the chain. Someone will cave and give it to you. Tell the next person how rude she was and unless this is fixed you and your friends will ever order there again. I used to be middle management in retail, every time it went over my head they got what they wanted. Drove me crazy.

Turkey Creek
Cabelas isn't the store they used to be. Every year they get more over priced and less customer oriented. I live 30 mins from one of the original stores and rarely go in there. I have a couple of gift cards and a pile of points from my Cabelas visa card that I keep saving thinking someday they will have something I want at a reasonable price, then I will get a great deal! So far I am still waiting!

Chris

yoderj@cox.net
There has to be a bit of balance here. It is one thing when a vendor uses bait and switch as an ongoing business practice. It is another thing when they make a mistake. Ads go through lots of hands before you see them. It could be a printer or a web site company that makes a typo.

Think about it this way. What if you had a small business and were buying something wholesale for $80 and selling them for $130. You place an add in the local paper advertising them on sale for $99. Now suppose you hire some company that process credit cards to take orders for you.

The paper prints the ad for 99 cents rathern than $99 and a bunch of folks place the order. The company taking the orders sees an ad, assumes it is a loss leader and processes the orders.

Suddenly, if you honor the ad, you are bankrupt.

I'm not saying that is the case with this particular situation with Cabelas. I don't know the details. I'm just suggesting that you need to differentiate between intentional deceptive advertising and a true mistake. The difference between $99 and 99 cents makes it obvious, but in some cases, it is not quite so obvious.

This is further complicated by the fact that some large companies will take the loss to protect their reputation. People then begin to expect that. Well, every company needs to decide for themselves whether it is worth taking the loss, and every individual buyer needs to decided if this warrants taking their business elsewhere.

Regardless of intentional or mistake, there is never an excuse for rudeness by a company.

bigman63
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Right there with you EasyMN. I have talked to 5 different people today working up the chain. One more to call next week when he gets back from "vacation". I also had purchased the receiving hitch attachment that goes with it and spent several hours fabricating a receiving hitch so I would be ready to spread fertilizer/seed when it arrived for fall food plots. FYI - the higher I went up the chain the worse the customer service was for me. Frustrating when 4 weeks after ordering it they go back on your order and eliminate it. Last lady also told me they were calling people that got them and having them send it back in, I just laughed.

leexrayshady
07-16-2013, 06:39 PM
not just cabelas does it.I ordered my atv disk from bass pro. the next day I checked my invoice and it was$100 more than expected. Here they changed there classification of the item as over weight and requiring additional shipping charges. I had to find a recent paper add that shows that the original add didn't require additional shipping. I was able to win that one. but I will never buy from then again

BJE80
07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Yikes I guess I'm glad I got mine for $89. Whew.... Good luck with it guys but I don't think you have much leverage other than the pocket book if you are truly upset.

fuldraw
07-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Yikes I guess I'm glad I got mine for $89. Whew.... Good luck with it guys but I don't think you have much leverage other than the pocket book if you are truly upset.

I heard that lady at cableas is LOOKING for you. she wants you to send it back too!!!

wiscwhip
07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Right, if your caller ID comes up as Cabela's, you might not want to answer!;)

LetThemGrow
07-16-2013, 07:55 PM
There are two sides to every story. I suspect people on both ends of phone were rude.

THE, LLC
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I love Cabela's and support them 100%. Never had but the best of experiences with them. I will say however, as a company gets bigger and expands with more stores, quality of the experience and the people seems to go down. Hope to goodness they don't grow themselves into failure.

BJE80
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
I heard that lady at cableas is LOOKING for you. she wants you to send it back too!!!

Riiiiiiight. I'll just jump right on that. :)

bcbz71
07-16-2013, 08:47 PM
NEVER again will I order anything from them! Not honoring the price they advertised on the spreader!!! We ordered it back in June! That is BS. They told me they will get the money from people that already recieved the spreader for the advertised price......YEAH RIGHT! The lady on the phone was as rude as could be also. I asked if they would try and make me happy or give me a discount or something. "She said she would honor the new sale price of $199.99 for me." GEEE THANKS.
CABELAS YOU SUCK!

If it makes you feel any better, I don't feel like it's a great product even at $89. We got one and are not impressed with the workmanship. Maybe that will change once we use it this fall.

wiscwhip
07-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I love Cabela's and support them 100%. Never had but the best of experiences with them. I will say however, as a company gets bigger and expands with more stores, quality of the experience and the people seems to go down. Hope to goodness they don't grow themselves into failure.

Totally agree LLC, Gander Mountain was way better(especially for me because I lived 30 minutes away) when it was just 1 store in Wilmont, WI and a catalog mail order business. Going into that place was like going into a mom and pop sport shop, the customer service was awesome and they actually had really knowledgeable folks working there. Gander is kind of a joke now, they sell more hiking and camping gear than anything else and the staff seems like it came from an Abercrombie and Fitch store.:rolleyes:

LetMGrow
07-16-2013, 10:16 PM
I have always had good service with Cabela's, especially with clothing. Good quality at a fair price. I haven't had to jump through hoops with customer service luckily. Chances are you would be dealing with a call center anyway and not really an employee of Cabela's. I don't know for sure but I am always suspicious of this. I do know this happens as we have a call center right here in our city and they do handle things like this.
Size does matter though. Seems like when a company grows the service suffers.
Lynn

Bullwinkle
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I am a Cabelas fan. They have jumped every time I have asked on hunts, catalog sales and credit. Very well run company. Little pricy but well run in my opinion

Bodock
07-16-2013, 10:24 PM
In business and in life, you either honor your commitments (keep your promises) or you don't. You make that choice, and your reputation endures forever.

Penny wise, pound foolish policies like the one Cabela's is allegedly following reminds me of Ken Blanchard's book Raving Fans. A key tenet of the book is for every person you tick off, you have to make 10 "raving fans" to offset the negative press you get from that one single angry person. Angry customers come onto forums like this to repeat their experiences, which results in severe reputation damage and loss of business. Conversely, had Cabela's honored their commitment then wiscwhip may have been so happy that he extolled Cabela's virtues from every proverbial mountain top - there is no better form of advertising.

Off my soapbox...

cagantpr
07-16-2013, 10:27 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I don't feel like it's a great product even at $89. We got one and are not impressed with the workmanship. Maybe that will change once we use it this fall.

I ordered immediately after I saw the original post. Like many here I got the message from Cabelas saying that it was on backorder for 5 to 6 weeks. Maybe they found one more in the back of the warehouse because mine showed up in 3 days anyway.

The quality problem I see with mine is the top cover is oblong and is a bear to get to fit onto the round hopper. I haven't installed or used the unit yet, but even with the cover issue, it still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

What workmanship issues did you notice with yours?

BJE80
07-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I ordered immediately after I saw the original post. Like many here I got the message from Cabelas saying that it was on backorder for 5 to 6 weeks. Maybe they found one more in the back of the warehouse because mine showed up in 3 days anyway.

The quality problem I see with mine is the top cover is oblong and is a bear to get to fit onto the round hopper. I haven't installed or used the unit yet, but even with the cover issue, it still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

What workmanship issues did you notice with yours?

My cover is the same way. I can live with it.

cagantpr
07-16-2013, 10:33 PM
My cover is the same way. I can live with it.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe its easier to get on when the bin is loaded.

The other option I can see is to not use it this fall and hope they show up again in the stores so I can do an exchange.

driver79
07-16-2013, 10:41 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe its easier to get on when the bin is loaded.

The other option I can see is to not use it this fall and hope they show up again in the stores so I can do an exchange.

Its not any easier when th bin is loaded. I just fit mine on loosely but didnt "latch" it and it stayed in place long enough for me to spread urea on 3.5 acres of corn. I think the quality is ok- but it works really well.

wiscwhip
07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Conversely, had Cabela's honored their commitment then wiscwhip may have been so happy that he extolled Cabela's virtues from every proverbial mountain top - there is no better form of advertising.

Off my soapbox...

Hang on now, I had no skin in this game;), I was simply commenting on the apparent misfortunes of my fellow forum members, with the spreader deal going on from Cabela's and the apple tree fiasco earlier this year from Gurney's Nursery.:( My comment on Gander Mountain and the expansion of their business model being a detriment to their in-store customer service is my own personal experience, having lived only a short distance from the original store many years ago, and begging my dad and uncles to take me there, because you could always learn something new about hunting or the newest gear from just listening to the knowledgeable staff that worked there.:) What I learned the last time I was in my local Gander Mountain, which is only 15 minutes from my house, is that the "knowledgeable " staff at the GPS counter could hand me a brochure and I knew more about the units than he did. Unfortunately, this is an all too common theme at stores like this now days.:mad: You are right on one count though, I am the type that will praise the quality service and products I receive from somewhere and I will also give an equal and opposite response to junk product and crumby service.

Bodock
07-16-2013, 10:57 PM
My bad. I should have referenced EasyMN. Apologies.

wiscwhip
07-16-2013, 11:08 PM
My bad. I should have referenced EasyMN. Apologies.

Oh no problem, it is as it should be. :)These are the things that everyone needs to bring out in the open, no matter what ones personal feelings are. Many posters on here have heard the stories and are undeterred by them, using their own experiences as their guide, which is also good. The thing is, the more you know, the better off you are to make informed consumer decisions in the future. I have a Cabela's 45 minutes away and have never been to it, mostly because my Gander Mountain is 15 minutes away, and the stores seem to be a horse apiece for selection and prices, don't figure I need to spend the extra time and gas to get basically the same deals and I don't put a whole lot of faith in the in-store service at any of these stores anymore. Mostly clueless retail clerks anyway.

bjthoele
07-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Got the same call today but went to my voicemail. Rep was cordial but offered no retribution. Said they reserved the right to correct their mistakes in print or online. I am sure down deep in the fine print one could probably find this.

I have zero bad history with Cabelas and have been a fan but am extremely disappointed in how they are handling this.

I have made mistakes in the past and it has cost me money as it was MY mistake and I made it right to protect my reputation and keep my clients happy.

I see a few are running this up the chain so keep us posted. I hate to waste a bunch time to have the same outcome but I also strongly believe in the principle of how such matters are handled.

popeyoung9
07-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I have never had a problem with Cabelas over 30 years and have their cc. Big box retailers offer selection and price at the cost of paying floor clerks for knowledge. Not knowing a product, say a GPS I will glean info from a forum then order it online. Best buy is getting hammered for being the hands on demo brick and mortar store as folks go home and order it from Amazon. Most of us forgot more about guns,bows, optics then the floor clerk knows anyway. Like the Nursery, sounds like they screwed up on a posted price.

Bodock
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I also strongly believe in the principle of how such matters are handled.

Roger that, partner. It's the best predictor of future behavior. Caveat Emptor.

biglakeba$$
07-16-2013, 11:46 PM
I have to say my Cabelas experiences have been nothing short of perfect.... Now that being said,,,,, I live near the Rogers, MN store. So I have no need for online ordering.
I have gone out of my way on 3 occasions to email Cabelas and praise the people I worked with on my purchases over the last several years.

In my mind, let the business know when it sucks, and also let them know when its top shelf.
Cabelas in Rogers has been very solid for me......

bigman63
07-16-2013, 11:53 PM
After talking to 5 different people (2 at their corporate offices), they offered it to me for the discount price of $149. I turned it down on principle and b/c they she said I might not get it until late August (right after she told me they had them in stock but placed them on backorder so they could fix the price problem). They did reimburse me for the 2" receiving hitch I purchased with it and got on July 3rd. Last lady told me it was my problem and that it wasn't their responsibility to back up their price. I was cordial and didn't get mad the whole time, just stubborn and kept asking to move up the chain. Luckily I am a school teacher and off right now, allowing me to waste part of the day on the phone. And I do have one more phone number to call next week when the guy returns from vacation.

Turkey Creek
07-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I have made mistakes in the past and it has cost me money as it was MY mistake and I made it right to protect my reputation and keep my clients happy.

Exactly! So have I. Somehow we are supposed to believe big stores are exempt from that ........... because they are too big! They can't possibly take the time to double check something before it goes to print.:rolleyes: Cabela's markup is so outragous (I personally know suppliers and what they wholesale their product to Cabela's for) even at the wrong discount price Cabela's didn't take a loss.

Chris

BJE80
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I just got an e-mail from Cabelas refunding me the $89 + tax so now I got the spreader for free. :D They must of ran into some legal issue.

EasyMN
07-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I just got an e-mail from Cabelas refunding me the $89 + tax so now I got the spreader for free. :D They must of ran into some legal issue.

HA No way!! Lucky!
Has anyone found someone to talk to on this issue that got stuff resolved? I kept asking to go up the chain of command and was calm and nice saying "I know it's not your fault so could I speak to someone that can resolve this for me." So I wasn't screaming at them or anything like that. I would give praise where it's due but in my dealings with Cabelas and not just this one there has been others just not this bad. I have yet to give them any praise. I'll stick with Fleet Farm.

Iowadeerfarmer
07-20-2013, 03:51 PM
They called me also saying I was not getting the spreader. They said that they DO NOT have to honor the web ad. I said what the heck??? Oh well sorry.

Just as bad as what Cuddeback just did to me on their worthless cameras.

NH Mountains
07-20-2013, 05:23 PM

So with all the talk about doing the right thing are you going to do the right thing? :confused:

popeyoung9
07-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Exactly! So have I. Somehow we are supposed to believe big stores are exempt from that ........... because they are too big! They can't possibly take the time to double check something before it goes to print.:rolleyes: Cabela's markup is so outragous (I personally know suppliers and what they wholesale their product to Cabela's for) even at the wrong discount price Cabela's didn't take a loss.

Chris

I wonder if Cabelas has any overhead to cover beyond wholesale price? Hmmm... Just a bunch of Nebraska capitalist.:confused:

Darron
07-20-2013, 08:23 PM
had to call cabelas today. I purchased a blind from them on July 10. received the blind two days ago. I got a flyer in the mail today that had the same blind for $30 cheaper. I called their customer service and at first was denied an adjustment. First lady told me they only do adjustments within the first 24hrs? WTH? The second lady who was a lower level supervisor talked to me like I was a child. I went blank on her. The third lady I talked to was in upper mngt and she gave me a $30 gift card.

I can see if you called after a month or so, but two weeks? They should give you an adjustment no questions ask. Especially when you have their cc now for over 10 years and have never been late on a payment.

foggy
07-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I'd hate to be a retailer in these times. Rugged business.....the customer is always right.....and they don't let you make much money. ;)

NH Mountains
07-21-2013, 07:00 AM
had to call cabelas today. I purchased a blind from them on July 10. received the blind two days ago. I got a flyer in the mail today that had the same blind for $30 cheaper. I called their customer service and at first was denied an adjustment. First lady told me they only do adjustments within the first 24hrs? WTH? The second lady who was a lower level supervisor talked to me like I was a child. I went blank on her. The third lady I talked to was in upper mngt and she gave me a $30 gift card.

I can see if you called after a month or so, but two weeks? They should give you an adjustment no questions ask. Especially when you have their cc now for over 10 years and have never been late on a payment.

So the next time I buy steaks at the local super market,bring them home, have a nice cookout. Enjoy eating them. Then 10 days later I see they go on sale I should call up the super market work my way up the ladder and ask for my money back because they went on sale? And if by chance they give me a credit then be disgusted with them?

Whenever I've placed any orders via mail order there's always been a window that pops up that gives the total and a confirmation option. If you hit that button it means you accept that price and those terms. Did you see that window?

MOBuckChaser
07-21-2013, 07:14 AM
So the next time I buy steaks at the local super market,bring them home, have a nice cookout. Enjoy eating them. Then 10 days later I see they go on sale I should call up the super market work my way up the ladder and ask for my money back because they went on sale? And if by chance they give me a credit then be disgusted with them?

Whenever I've placed any orders via mail order there's always been a window that pops up that gives the total and a confirmation option. If you hit that button it means you accept that price and those terms. Did you see that window?

My thoughts exactly!

LetMGrow
07-21-2013, 07:31 AM

I think two weeks is way too long for a retailer to honor a new sale price. Chances are Cabela's got a special buy on blinds and decided to pass a savings along. Or possibly they have an overstock and wanted to reduce their inventory. No doubt they paid more for the one you got which they already had in stock. Even at 24 hours, why should a store have to cut a price of something they have already sold and processed the order for at a published price a customer agreed to.
Sales pop up all the time. It is part of retail sales. The sale price should apply only to items sold after the sale is announced. No retailer is going to contact you after you order something and tell you to cancel your order and wait a bit because the item is going to go on sale.
Do you think you have a charge account with Cabela's? Look at the card. It is from a major CC company. Cabela's simply gets their logo printed on it and gets a small kickback from the CC Company for each sale processed with their card. That is why you can use the card in any store which accepts cards from that bank. This is common in large businesses today.
I am surprised you got a rebate after two weeks. Someone really got generous with their company's money. This person wouldn't work for me very long, that is for sure.
Lynn

Alpha Doe
07-21-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm thinking that this happens just about every time a store runs a sale.

Usually the sale's fine print states something about not being on previous purchases.

Best way to handle the hunting blind situation is to take the unopened item back for a refund and repurchase at the sale price.

If the product is already used, it becomes a bit more difficult.

I feel that two weeks is along time to readjust to the sale price...one day is usually good...anything over that...you are lucky. :)

wiscwhip
07-21-2013, 10:45 AM
You really shouldn't be getting down on Darron for this, it is not really his fault. This type of thing was brought on by Wal-Mart and the infamous Roll-Back pricing they like to promote so much. This is nothing new, Wal-Mart does this all the time, if something goes on sale within a few weeks of your purchase and you bring the ad in with your receipt they will honor the sale price. It is the Wal-Martian way, I see it all the time. I know many of you on here choose not to shop at Wal-Mart, and that's fine, I hate shopping there myself, but when I need one or two items and it's literally 3 minutes from my house, I'll be damned if I'm going to waste $8-$10 bucks worth of gas to drive across town to another store and burn up 45 minutes of my day. Some people have no choice without driving miles out of there way to shop elsewhere, and the Wal-MArt way is the way everyone expects thing to be done.

Darron
07-21-2013, 11:03 AM
I disagree.

I can see if I called a month or so later, but I literally just received the blind and have yet to use it. That's BS....my wife gets price adjustments all the time from retailers within 2 weeks.

We'll agree to disagree on this subject.

Darron
07-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Yes I do think they should give you an adjustment within a certain time period (7-14 days). In my case we're not talking about a dollar or two....we're talking $130 down to $100. That's a significant savings in my opinion. If would have been just a few bucks I would not have wasted the time. But 20-30% off.....oh yes....

LetMGrow
07-21-2013, 11:23 AM
You really shouldn't be getting down on Darron for this, it is not really his fault. This type of thing was brought on by Wal-Mart and the infamous Roll-Back pricing they like to promote so much. This is nothing new, Wal-Mart does this all the time, if something goes on sale within a few weeks of your purchase and you bring the ad in with your receipt they will honor the sale price. It is the Wal-Martian way, I see it all the time. I know many of you on here choose not to shop at Wal-Mart, and that's fine, I hate shopping there myself, but when I need one or two items and it's literally 3 minutes from my house, I'll be damned if I'm going to waste $8-$10 bucks worth of gas to drive across town to another store and burn up 45 minutes of my day. Some people have no choice without driving miles out of there way to shop elsewhere, and the Wal-MArt way is the way everyone expects thing to be done.

Wal-Mart has a policy, so does Cabela's. I shop both but don't for one second think one store has to do something just because another does.
A sale in most cases is a sale with a start and a finish date. If you don't happen to buy within that period then, oh well. To whine about it and criticize a store because you missed out doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Especially after a two week's lapse.
I have to drive several miles to shop at Wal-Mart. I usually have a list of things to buy, not just some little trinket I got the urge to own. I pay their asking price if I think it is fair and leave. Some of their stuff is of poor quality while other brand name items are the same as you would get at a higher end store. The burden of knowing the difference is on me, not Wal-Mart.
Cabela's doesn't have a store within several hundred miles of me. Therefore I have to shop them either by catalog or online. If something goes on sale the day after I order it then, yup, sucks to be me. It has happened to me before and I ignore it. Chalk it up to bad timing. If I want winter clothing I buy it before winter when I know prices will be higher when I could wait until the next spring and hope what I want goes on sale. I won't whimper when it does go on sale.
Lynn

Darron
07-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Wal-Mart has a policy, so does Cabela's. I shop both but don't for one second think one store has to do something just because another does.
A sale in most cases is a sale with a start and a finish date. If you don't happen to buy within that period then, oh well. To whine about it and criticize a store because you missed out doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Especially after a two week's lapse.
I have to drive several miles to shop at Wal-Mart. I usually have a list of things to buy, not just some little trinket I got the urge to own. I pay their asking price if I think it is fair and leave. Some of their stuff is of poor quality while other brand name items are the same as you would get at a higher end store. The burden of knowing the difference is on me, not Wal-Mart.
Cabela's doesn't have a store within several hundred miles of me. Therefore I have to shop them either by catalog or online. If something goes on sale the day after I order it then, yup, sucks to be me. It has happened to me before and I ignore it. Chalk it up to bad timing. If I want winter clothing I buy it before winter when I know prices will be higher when I could wait until the next spring and hope what I want goes on sale. I won't whimper when it does go on sale.
Lynn

Once again....lets agree to disagree. I personally don't like getting screwed out of money. Maybe you do? And that's fine if money grows on trees around your household....doesn't in mine. If I can somehow get an adjustment you bet your A I will. Whether it be a steak or blind ;)

banc123
07-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I ordered 32 cultipacker wheels from Agri the first week of June and was told it would be 10 days to gather supply from other stores and ship. At. 3 weeks I asked where my order was. Was told they'd get back to me on Monday (it was Sat). I didn't hear back. Traded a number of emails with the head of customer service and learned it would be mid August. They asked if I wanted to cancel. Told the I had already spent money to build the frame and I was now past my planting time. I nicely gave some advice on how a small mistake can cause a customer big problems and maybe lose them for life.

Got a call the other day the wheels had been shipped.

No charge for the wheels or the shipping.

When I get home ( in Montana) I will hook up with them and pay for the items.

hoyt63
07-21-2013, 12:40 PM
2 weeks is ridiculous.1 week is ridiculous..You knew the price when you bought it and it was fine.Suddenly it's not.Messed up.I bought a flat screen at wal-mart 3 days before the big black friday sale. It was 50 bucks cheaper.But being an adult I didn't go back and whine because it was on me. Not them for having the sale.

NH Mountains
07-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Once again....lets agree to disagree. I personally don't like getting screwed out of money. Maybe you do? And that's fine if money grows on trees around your household....doesn't in mine. If I can somehow get an adjustment you bet your A I will. Whether it be a steak or blind ;)

Nobody screwed you out of any money.
You are an adult. You knew the price prior to giving them your credit card or cash. Right? Nobody forced you to do it. Right? You made an agreement with them when you paid for that item and left the store. If prices go up on an item shortly after you purchase it do you go back to the store and pay them the increased amount?

One last question. How are you handling the price increases on gas? Do you go an ask the attendent for the lower price?

wiscwhip
07-21-2013, 02:04 PM
You can sit on here and blast Darron(and me for that matter, I personally have never partaken of any policies like this) all you want. The fact remains that him asking for a price adjustment on a recent sale is what today's retail society has come to accept as the norm. Why? Let me show you:

Target:
Price Match Guarantee If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

Kohl's:
What are price adjustments?
Basically, a price adjustment is a refund! In certain cases, we'll give you money back if you bought an item, only to discover it was on sale later.
If your situation meets all these criteria, you could be eligible for a price adjustment:

You bought the item on sale or at regular price. Within two weeks (14 days) of the purchase date, the price of the item was further reduced from the final price you paid. You have the original, dated sales receipt. The item is not a Clearance markdown. The item was not purchased as a Buy One, Get One (BOGO). The item is not a current Buy One, Get One (BOGO).

Sears:
Price Protection Policy
Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Macy's:
MACY’S PRICE ADJUSTMENT POLICY:
If an item is further reduced in price within 14 days of when you purchased it, we’ll refund the difference in price when you present your original receipt. You may also present your order number, and we’ll look it up.

Dick's Sporting Goods:
We will price match with our own site for items that go on sale for 30 days.

Q: If I bought instore and the Item went on sale next week I could get an adjustment?
A: Yes. There are exclusions and exceptions, but generally yes. You would want to check with the store directly for more details.

Gander Mountain:
Retail Store Policy
If you should find a lower price on an identical in-stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know about it and we will match that price. Visit Customer Service for complete details, restrictions apply.*
* Local is defined as a retailer within a one-hour drive of the store. Exclusions include rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. For buy-one get-one offers and coupons we will meet the competitor’s price. This price guarantee does not extend to dealers or resellers. Proof of a lower price must be provided at the time of purchase to receive a price match.
GanderMtn.com Policy
We will match any competitor’s printed catalog or internet price within 30 days of your purchase! This offer applies to all in stock, regular priced merchandise. This offer excludes firearms, special orders, advertised specials or sale prices, misprints, and closeouts. We reserve the right to not sell any product below our cost. Just mention where you saw the lower price and your representative will match the price at the time of the order, or credit you for the difference on your previous purchase. For questions or details, call Customer Service at 1-888-5GANDER.

Bass Pro Shops:
Do you match prices?
For orders placed through the catalog or online, we will offer a price match with a Bass Pro Shops retail store location.

Price matching with competitors:
We are glad to price match with competitors! Competitor price matching requests will be granted if the prices are current, dated and nationally advertised. The following exceptions are applicable:
All conditions on competitor's ad will apply (i.e. limited quantities, special purchases.) Items to be price matched must be an exact match (i.e. color, pattern, model size, and year.) Bass Pro Shops will not honor prices on closeouts, clearance items, inventory reductions, special buys, discontinued, or reconditioned merchandise. Website prices will only be honored from established retail companies that are open to the public and have a physical address. Bass Pro Shops will not honor supply companies, wholesale, clearance outlets, manufacturer's sales or membership clubs (Sam's, Costco) We will not match private label merchandise. We will not honor rebates. We will not backorder any out-of-stock item. We will not honor any reduced or free shipping offers. Publication errors of any kind will not be matched. All price matches must be verifiable; a verifiable copy of the ad, complete with store name, sale dates, and model number of item must be faxed (417-873-5056) or mailed to us-Bass Pro Shops, Attn: Customer Service, 2500 E Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898 Request for price match must be received prior to end of competitor's sale. Orders can be price matched within 30 days of purchase.

And finally CABELA"S
Retail Price Matching

Do you match prices in your retail stores?

If you find a lower advertised price from a competitor’s local retail store with the same item in-stock, simply bring the competitor’s current ad to a participating Cabela’s retail store and Cabela’s will honor such ad prices on identical merchandise (brand and model).

Terms & Conditions:
The buyer must visit a participating Cabela’s retail store to take advantage of the Best Price Promise. Best Price Promise DOES NOT apply to internet or catalog purchases. Local Store means a competitor’s retail store within 100 miles of the respective Cabela’s retail store. Does not apply to services. Does not apply when the price includes special offers or promotions, including without limitation, rebates, mail in offers, free with purchase offers, limited quantity offers, special financing and bundled offers. Does not apply to out of stock items. If a local competitor is out of stock of a particular item, Cabela’s will not match the local competitor’s price. In stock means that the item is available for sale and delivery that day. Does not apply to any products or services offered by third party vendors that may be operating within a Cabela’s store. Does not apply to internet or catalog purchases or prices from competitors. Unfortunately, Cabela’s is not able to match the price of internet or catalog retailers. Cabela’s Retail will honor Cabela’s Catalog and Internet prices. The retail store General Manager has the authority to make a judgment call on any competitive price match in their store.

So before you stomp on Darron any further, realize that he isn't doing anything wrong, per the companies own policies. It is the REAL world. And your knocking a man for trying to save a buck. REALLY?

banc123
07-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Was the issue a price match or a price change in "x days" ?

Doesn't look like they have a sales price match, just. Same item at competitor match.

foggy
07-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Hmmmm.....there are some limitations and a few strings attached to matching prices on many of these offers. I've returned an item or two upon finding I was "overcharged"......but mostly, I just chalk it up to experience.

Today's consumer never had it so good. Big sale prices, comparison shop and price check on the computer.....oftentimes free shipping and no sales taxes. No questions asked return privileges.

I used to HATE getting customer returned goods from Cabelas or other big box stores. Get a big package of junk and a debit memo. Packaging often was destroyed and consumers dismantled and stole parts, etc.....like it was our fault??? Riiiiight. Had to pack those costs into the prices with those customers. Smaller dealers seldom returned anything.

LetMGrow
07-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Wiscwhip,
Although you spent a lot of time preparing your great post where does anything within the text apply to Darron's situation.
No, to everyone's dismay, I am not rich or even close to it. I own my own business and am as honest as they come. I expect to be treated the same way. I don't price match. I can't. I know what I pay for something and what I have to sell it for to stay in business.
I'm the guy who will return a nickel if someone overpays me or if I get a wrong change return in a store. I don't throw money away and I don't expect anyone else to either for my convenience.
I have made errors on invoices and called a customer a month later explaining my error and tell them I have cash waiting for them along with a sincere apology for making a mistake in the first place.
Whaaaaaa!
Lynn

Darron
07-21-2013, 03:59 PM
2 weeks is ridiculous.1 week is ridiculous..You knew the price when you bought it and it was fine.Suddenly it's not.Messed up.I bought a flat screen at wal-mart 3 days before the big black friday sale. It was 50 bucks cheaper.But being an adult I didn't go back and whine because it was on me. Not them for having the sale.

:rolleyes: ok.... fact is they made it right and they should. Price adjustments r not a new concept. I could have really been an A and just returned it on their dime and bought it again. And they knew that.

Any adult would want the adjustment made within a reasonable time period.

Btw love the comments....talk about adults. We have diff opinions. Get over it. Just gave my experience on a recent transaction.

Go shoot your bow or plant something.

LetMGrow
07-21-2013, 04:27 PM
:rolleyes: ok.... fact is they made it right and they should. Price adjustments r not a new concept. I could have really been an A and just returned it on their dime and bought it again. And they knew that.

Any adult would want the adjustment made within a reasonable time period.

Btw love the comments....talk about adults. We have diff opinions. Get over it. Just gave my experience on a recent transaction.

Go shoot your bow or plant something.

I'd love to shoot my new bow but I heard they are going on sale next month and I want a price adjustment on it so I have to leave it New In The Box.
$7.50 is $7.50!
LOL
Have a great day, Lynn

hoyt63
07-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Go shoot your bow or plant something. LOL...Thats adult like behavior...

Daver_IA
07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
:rolleyes: ...

Any adult would want the adjustment made within a reasonable time period.Btw love the comments....talk about adults. We have diff opinions. Get over it. Just gave my experience on a recent transaction...

Simply not true, as there are still a great many fair minded, as opposed to self centered, adults that recognize and HONOR the statement that "a deal is a deal".

DavidB
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Just seems like morals and ethics is going down the toilet with each generation!!

Still some good ones out there but getting to be fewer and fewer:mad:

Gimme,Gimme,Gimme seems to be the new generations favorite now days:rolleyes:

Darron
07-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Go shoot your bow or plant something. LOL...Thats adult like behavior...

coming from a deer website....I think it is;)

Darron
07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Just seems like morals and ethics is going down the toilet with each generation!!

Still some good ones out there but getting to be fewer and fewer:mad:

Gimme,Gimme,Gimme seems to be the new generations favorite now days:rolleyes:

yeah...I'm just awful for wanting a price adjustment....just awful.....I'm sure $30 is not going to bankrupt cabelas.

I'm through with this discussion....we'll never see eye to eye on this....let it be.

klee7013
07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
So if i buy an item and two weeks down the road they have a sale on it.
I call about it and get a refund.

Okay now so that company should be able to do the same thing to you if is the other way around right.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Bought an item and two weeks later the prices increases. You get a phone call stating you for them more money.

:D

bigmike
07-22-2013, 08:26 AM
I ordered one using Cabela's points and got it in about two weeks. $95 including shipping. It looks okay but will need some modification where the seed comes out of the bottom.

Alpha Doe
07-22-2013, 09:21 AM
yeah...I'm just awful for wanting a price adjustment....just awful.....I'm sure $30 is not going to bankrupt cabelas.

I'm through with this discussion....we'll never see eye to eye on this....let it be.

But Darron, what if we all had that attitude? What if every person thought that stores should honor their sale prices before and after each sale? What do you feel is the appropriate length of time that stores should honor the sale...1 week, 2 weeks....what if the next person thinks it should be a month? Why not 2 months...who sets that length of time? Is your length of time right or is mine or is the person that wants it to be 1 or 2 months or even longer?

That $30.00 will be paid by someone...and prolly not Cabelas. It will be swallowed up by price increases. And if it was swallowed up by Cabelas and everyone thinks they are entitled to price adjustments during sales...then yes, stores will either quit having sales or go bankrupt.

I think you are only looking at yourself as an individual...I think, in a case like this...you need to take a step back and ask yourself...what if everyone expected this same refund during each sale? :)