PDA

View Full Version : Another buck down with the Talk the Walk Call

talkthewalk
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
To: Valentine Wtorkiewicz <valwjr@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: Talk the walk deer call.

Valentine

I was impressed with the Complete Deer Calling System call when I first saw your video online last spring, so I figured hey, for $15 I'd take my shot at learning to "talk the walk." Ordering was easy and straightforward, payment was done through Paypal, and I received the call promptly a few days later. At first when trying it at home, I thought it might be a bit gimmicky, but decided I'd give it a try in the deer woods come fall. Once I was out in the woods, I was sold on the idea that this call could effectively mimic the sound of a deer's footfalls. On the morning of November 2nd, I put it to work. It was a rather calm and dry day, and the local deer activity was really picking up. I figured it to be a perfect morning for calling, and I was in a stand location where I've had success rattling and calling before. At about 8 am I rattled a bit, working the CDCS under my arm for added reality (I was 20 feet up). I let out a nice challenge grunt sequence complete with a snort wheeze and waited. Within a minute or so I spied a buck sneaking in at about 100 yards off, on top of the hill overlooking my oak flat. A small grunt and a couple quick squeezes of the CDCS and he was on his way, head down and ears pinned. I arrowed him at 12 yards and he didn't go 20 more before falling. He never ran, just walked off, all the while looking for the sparring bucks that brought him in. Honestly, it played out like a hunting show, I just wish I had my camera with me. And while the CDCS wasn't the sole factor in this harvest, it certainly added to it.

You've got a great product man, good luck... I hope every hunter gets one of these (well, then again, maybe I don't!) For more testimonials and pictures goto www.thecompletedeercallingsystem.com

Geo
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow, where do I send my money, again?

G

popeyoung9
01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
43 years of deer hunting and finally enlightenment. I get all warm and fuzzy with aisles 6 and 7 from Cabelas in the tree with me.:D

siwhitetail
01-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Don't comment on this guy's crap. If he wants to try to sell us on a product, he can become a part of the community and contribute something. Save to say, with a total of 7 posts, he hasn't done that.

Tooln
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
7 post for this call, it's got to be good. Or maybe the it just a bag of junk. Tell you what talkthewalk how about giving a 10 members here one of your calls. We will review it and post our results. If it is as good as you say this will be the best $150 you have ever spent on advertising. Members here respect other members opinions. I should say other members who contribute, participate and have been here a while. PM me, and 9 others and we will give you our shipping address. We will then post our opinion of your call and your orders will take off after that.

banc123
01-26-2013, 05:42 PM
The forum sure has changed in a year. The same guy posts the same product here 1 year ago and most everyone thought it was interesting and gave him a thumbs up for doing it, including a responder on this one.

If someone was posting junk over and over, that's not welcome; but a guy trying to share a reasonable product that someone might find interesting isn't all that bad, if its not overload posting.

I can think of a few folks that aren't regular that share their products and thats fine if done the right way and frequency.

I'd try it, but our deer are ninja, they just appear out of no where, no sound ;)

FloridaBoy
01-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Banc, I see your point, but I researched his posts. 7 posts, all about his call and no other contributions to this site.

He deserves to be labeled as a spammer.......

Tree Spud
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
The forum sure has changed in a year. The same guy posts the same product here 1 year ago and most everyone thought it was interesting and gave him a thumbs up for doing it, including a responder on this one.

If someone was posting junk over and over, that's not welcome; but a guy trying to share a reasonable product that someone might find interesting isn't all that bad, if its not overload posting.

I can think of a few folks that aren't regular that share their products and thats fine if done the right way and frequency.

I'd try it, but our deer are ninja, they just appear out of no where, no sound ;)

Banc ... thanks! So you support it, but have a reason not to try it?

C'mon ... if they want to enter the ring of fire here, let them walk the coals ...

banc123
01-27-2013, 07:18 AM
C'mon ... if they want to enter the ring of fire here, let them walk the coals ...

That's the point, this isn't a ring of fire. Sometimes it's like a pack of yotes, everyone has to get in on the kill, just to be part of the pack.

A year ago people thought it was a good idea and thanked him for trying. This year, 100% negative comments.

If its spam, it will be taken care of.

PalmettoKid
01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I think most of the guys were being fake and thought if the guy was going to become a member of the forum they wanted to be nice...

Alpha Doe
01-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Since when do we have to go through a hazing to be a member? He is not forcing anyone to buy his product...could be a product that in a few years we all own. The guy is prolly a hunter, why push him away? Why not try to sell his product on a deer management forum?

This reminds me of the idea some have tossed around several times of only allowing QDMA members to be active on the forum. Everyone wants to have control of what they want control of, then complain when they are the one being controlled.

Did the guy disrespect or offend anyone?

Billb66
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
I'd actually invest in his company given the chance. One of the Ronco's of hunting gadits is going to pick up on this.

Then you'll see it being used on the hunting shows.

Then you will be able to pick one up at WalMart.

There are plenty of guys out there paying a premium for scent wafers when all they have to do is steel some of the wife's feminine products. (Sorry AD):p

I don't carry a grunt call any longer because I've learned it's best to not highlight your presence. Still they sell hundreds of thousands of those things.

Geo
01-27-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't carry a grunt call any longer because I've learned it's best to not highlight your presence. Still they sell hundreds of thousands of those things.

I always carried my True Talker, I've turned 3 1/2 year olds around and back under my stand 2, 3 times. This year I tooted one time and sent 5 1/2 year old big 9 heading for Sanctuary. May never carry it again.

G

November Sunrise
01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
The sound of a deer walking in conjunction with calling makes good sense to me. I might just try it out.

But if I do I'm certainly not going to embarrass myself by asking for one to be given to me. Never in my life have I asked a business owner to give me his product for free, and I'm not going to start now. Somehow, someway I'll just find a way to scrape up the enormous sum of $15. LOL.

talkthewalk
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
That's the point, this isn't a ring of fire. Sometimes it's like a pack of yotes, everyone has to get in on the kill, just to be part of the pack.

A year ago people thought it was a good idea and thanked him for trying. This year, 100% negative comments.

If its spam, it will be taken care of.

Thanks, your right about your reply. The reason I only have 7 post isn't cause I am only pushing this new calling concept I work 50+ hours a week and have a son who is 4 and as much as I love to talk about bow hunting my love for him is much greater and choose to spend most of my free time with him and not stuck in front of this computer. If your a father you understand its a tuff balance work, family, and hunting. Now add my call and how much time I can put in to it, not much as I would like. I belong to a dozen or so forums and one in Canada but there is one that I am involved in a lot and its www.publiclandbowhunters.com You can go there and do a search on talkthewalk post.

On another note I have been thinking of giving calls out in this and a few other forums but do not know how to go about it. I do not want to give calls to guys that do not hunt as hard as they say, or who will not use it. I think I owe it to this forum but I don't think it will be 10, how about 5. And if you guys can come up with a way to pick 5, I would be happy to get them out to you. Because I am not in this forum as much as you guys would like it would be faster if you e-mail me valwjr@yahoo.com and we'll come up with away to get these calls to some of you. Sound fair?

Valentine.

phade
02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks, your right about your reply. The reason I only have 7 post isn't cause I am only pushing this new calling concept I work 50+ hours a week and have a son who is 4 and as much as I love to talk about bow hunting my love for him is much greater and choose to spend most of my free time with him and not stuck in front of this computer. If your a father you understand its a tuff balance work, family, and hunting. Now add my call and how much time I can put in to it, not much as I would like. I belong to a dozen or so forums and one in Canada but there is one that I am involved in a lot and its www.publiclandbowhunters.com You can go there and do a search on talkthewalk post.

On another note I have been thinking of giving calls out in this and a few other forums but do not know how to go about it. I do not want to give calls to guys that do not hunt as hard as they say, or who will not use it. I think I owe it to this forum but I don't think it will be 10, how about 5. And if you guys can come up with a way to pick 5, I would be happy to get them out to you. Because I am not in this forum as much as you guys would like it would be faster if you e-mail me valwjr@yahoo.com and we'll come up with away to get these calls to some of you. Sound fair?

Valentine.

Putting money where the mouth is. I like it.

lone cedar farm
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I won 1 of Jimmy D calls on here last year, it was every bit the call he claimed and worked great on my 2.5 year olds. Use it or not its nice to have one around your neck just in case. ;)

I've killed more turkeys with a forked stick to scratch leaves and push button cluck, feeding or content sounds go along way calling up game.

PalmettoKid
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Putting money where the mouth is. I like it.

I second that.

bigeight
02-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Talkthewalk,

When you use the call, how far does the sound travel? I.E, how far away can you call at a deer and expect him to hear it?

I agree, it Absolutely works with turkeys as a reassurance call with clucks. I assume it would work similar with deer as long as they don't have to be so close to hear it that they pin point your position....

talkthewalk
02-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I won 1 from Jimmy D calls on here last year, it was every bit the call he claimed and worked great on my 2.5 year olds. Use it or not its nice to have one around your neck just in case. ;)

I've killed more turkeys with a forked stick to scratch leaves and push button cluck, feeding or content sounds go along way calling up game.

Looked up jimmy D calls, and it isn't one of mine or did I even find a call that is of the same concept. Are you sure we are talking about the Talk the walk call by the Complete Deer Calling Sytem or are you thinking of something else?

talkthewalk
02-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Talkthewalk,

When you use the call, how far does the sound travel? I.E, how far away can you call at a deer and expect him to hear it?

I agree, it Absolutely works with turkeys as a reassurance call with clucks. I assume it would work similar with deer as long as they don't have to be so close to hear it that they pin point your position....

Go to my site and click on the video even at 80 + yards. This is as far away as I can claim on calm day, winds under 5 mh from my field testing. As for as them pinning you, just apply the same rules as a grunt or any other calls, if he's to close don't call, but its the 40 to 50 yard range I think is most effective. But and I EMPHASIZY YOU MUST HAVE COVER AROUND YOU.

lone cedar farm
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Looked up jimmy D calls, and it isn't one of mine or did I even find a call that is of the same concept. Are you sure we are talking about the Talk the walk call by the Complete Deer Calling Sytem or are you thinking of something else?

No, Jimmy D makes his own and gave a couple Deer (grunt) calls away 2 seasons ago after he joined this site, simular situation different concept.

Not sure the method used by Jimmy to pick I believe he wrote names on paper and drew 2 out. I'd search the site and see who you think would use and help promote your call....if they are successful with them of course!

Just watched your video, I've seen many times that call with or without a soft grunt would work. I'd pick it over "growls, roars, snort wheeze, rattle bag" any day.

tonystrength
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
To: Valentine Wtorkiewicz <valwjr@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: Talk the walk deer call.

Valentine

I was impressed with the Complete Deer Calling System call when I first saw your video online last spring, so I figured hey, for $15 I'd take my shot at learning to "talk the walk." Ordering was easy and straightforward, payment was done through Paypal, and I received the call promptly a few days later. At first when trying it at home, I thought it might be a bit gimmicky, but decided I'd give it a try in the deer woods come fall. Once I was out in the woods, I was sold on the idea that this call could effectively mimic the sound of a deer's footfalls. On the morning of November 2nd, I put it to work. It was a rather calm and dry day, and the local deer activity was independant reviews (http://reviewtoo.com) really picking up. I figured it to be a perfect morning for calling, and I was in a stand location where I've had success rattling and calling before. At about 8 am I rattled a bit, working the CDCS under my arm for added reality (I was 20 feet up). I let out a nice challenge grunt sequence complete with a snort wheeze and waited. Within a minute or so I spied a buck sneaking in at about 100 yards off, on top of the hill overlooking my oak flat. A small grunt and a couple quick squeezes of the CDCS and he was on his way, head down and ears pinned. I arrowed him at 12 yards and he didn't go 20 more before falling. He never ran, just walked off, all the while looking for the sparring bucks that brought him in. Honestly, it played out like a hunting show, I just wish I had my camera with me. And while the CDCS wasn't the sole factor in this harvest, it certainly added to it.

You've got a great product man, good luck... I hope every hunter gets one of these (well, then again, maybe I don't!) For more testimonials and pictures goto www.thecompletedeercallingsystem.com
Oh nice to hear your good views. I have just started enjoying hunting and looking to buy valuable products. Need your guidance.

siwhitetail
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Don't comment on this guy's crap. If he wants to try to sell us on a product, he can become a part of the community and contribute something. Save to say, with a total of 7 posts, he hasn't done that.

Sorry for coming off a little harsh. It is a good idea, though, to try to contribute other things to this community beyond your product. It will likely gain you a great deal more respect.

But I am sorry for being a little hard on you.

talkthewalk
02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Sorry for coming off a little harsh. It is a good idea, though, to try to contribute other things to this community beyond your product. It will likely gain you a great deal more respect.

But I am sorry for being a little hard on you.

That's ok. If you only knew how much I have taken over this you would ask me is it worth it. Introducing a new calling concept to the industry takes B**** when your not linked to a big name everyone knows. But yes it is worth it. When someone e-mails me a story of how my call helped his son harvest his first bow kill buck, well thats as good as getting a buck myself. The good out ways the bad, at least to me. Its not all about sales to me, teaching a new concept to guys that want to learn isn't all that bad. So I have know hard feelings siwhitetail and I'm sure there is more crap I'll have to eat in the days,months, and years to come.:)