PDA

View Full Version : Cuddeback 3.0 video Clip

totouchantler
06-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Just wanted to post this video clip from my cuddeback to see how the quality transfered from the photobucket host site. I use the video option on my cuddeback all the time. I know many who have not enabled it for whatever reason. I love it. Thanks to bowhuntah for showing me how to post it.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/totouchantler/th_CDY_0011.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/totouchantler/?action=view&current=CDY_0011.flv)

Land Owner
06-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Really nice video. Looks like you will not have trouble this season getting meat.

I am concerned about camera use on my small acreage. First, getting another financial project through my accountant (spouse), and second pilferage when left in the woods.

Where should I start? I don't want to spend a lot but I do want quality. Second, I will err toward having the camera "grow" itself to the tree for security rather than show up one day to find it missing. Recommendations?

Land Owner
If it was easy, anybody could do it!

BSK_
06-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Just my opinion Land Owner, but I would go with the Cuddeback digital. It has the fastests trigger times and a very programable system.

If you don't want cameras stolen, only run them during daylight hours. It's the flash that gives them away to trespassers every time.

totouchantler
06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Land Owner,
I understand what you mean on all accounts. I used the guys and girls on this site as my own consumer reports magazine. First off I want to tell you that the camera I have is not a video camera only.......first and foremost it is a digital trail camera. I did'nt expect the video option to be very good on this camera but I was pleasantly surprised. The camera is a 'cuddeback digital 3.0' It retails for 399.00. The people on this site will tell you that you can get it for 320.00 or lower if you look around on line. They are correct.....but I went the super conservative route and went through 'Cabelas' because of some gift certificates that I recieved. As far as the spouse 'accountant' approval.........I bring my wife with me when I place the camera and retrieve it. It is a great opprotunity to spend time with her and the dog. Besides that the two most important aspects in trail cameras are battery life and trigger speed. Go to this site www.chasingame.com It is an independent research site that is dedicated to rating all kinds of trail cameras. Also there are pobably 10 people who regularly use this site that have the 'cuddeback digital 3.0' They will tell you that there are positive and negatives involved. My experience: I love it. Makes it a 12 month sport.........now.......get that accountant of yours involved!
Chris

bowhuntah
06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Chris, I had a feeling you might like the new photobucket feature. I'm glad to see you're enjoying the Cuddeback.

Land Owner, I have a Cuddeback and a Leaf River and there are pros and cons to both. Because of the faster trigger speed and better picture quality, I would give the nod to the Cuddeback. Leaf River is coming out with a new camera that is going to be 6.3 MP. My guess is it will come with a hefty price tag too. Some of the guys here build there own and have great results. That may be something to consider

biglakeba$$
06-12-2006, 09:12 PM
I have Cudde 3.0's and Leaf River DC2BU's.

As said earlier both have pros and cons.

Now with that said, Cudde is coming out with their new Excite and Expert models.

The Excite is catching my eye. Its a 2.0 Mp with all the fancy stuff taken out. AND ITS GOT A POWER SWITCH! Never could understand how the Cudde folks came up with cameras that didnt have a power switch. (If people out there don't know, the Cudde 3.0 doesnt have a power switch....)
Just what I want!
The advanced mode stuff is nothing that I need either.

The price tag on the Excite is going to be around $300.

I see an Excite in my future.

FL Forester
06-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I haven't used the movie feature on my cuddeback yet. Cool to see it in action.

Goose 11
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I have three "DeerCam" film cameras, they are made by the same folks as Cuddeback. I won one of them from the QDMA photo contest.

I have one Cuddeback and would recommend it to anyone. I have a Moultrie digital also, and as a starter camera, it's o.k. The pictures are no where near the quality of the Cuddeback. Oh, and my Cuddeback is the 1.3 model, (older than the 3.0) it was the best then, and still is my favorite. I'll be getting an Excite next week, I called them but they didn't have them ready to send out yet.

Trae

totouchantler
06-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Trae,
Good info. Thanks!!
Chris

arkey
06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I was wanting a new digital game camera and have been looking at the excite. Does the excite have the video or does it just take stills.

Land Owner
06-14-2006, 03:38 PM
totouchantlers: I read the comparisons on the site you posted above. I spent a LONG time last evening reading them all. It would seem that several other cameras give the Cuddeback 3.0 some stiff competition. I did not get into the COST of each of the comparables. That is certainly a necessary evil as are trigger time, depth of field, flash, etc.

I am MOST concerned about theft. Read my post in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum "I Don;t Advertise - Do You?" and you will begin to understand my frustration. I think I like the infrared flash. Unless I am wrong, that flash would be unnoticable and undetectable to the two legged deer that I would like to capture on film.

If it makes ANY noise or shows a visible light it will be hunted down and the jig will be up. I won't get the necessary evidence that I need and will continue to be plagued with rising costs and poacher animosity.

Some day this will be behind me and maybe then I can settle down to the QDM work that I really want to do and the Trail Camera will be an asset for the preservation of wildlife.

Land Owner
If it was easy, anybody could do it!

totouchantler
06-14-2006, 04:15 PM
For me deterence is all about a mind game......kind of like poker....never let them know what you got......or try to trick them into thinking you have more than you really do. Read my reply to "I don't advertise.....do you?" Oh yeah.....trail camers have so many uses its not even funny......I mean look at what earlyriser was able to to with his!!! They truly make it into a 12 month hobby. Hope you get a camera soon!

timberdoodle
06-15-2006, 12:38 AM
How about putting out a camera that flashes with a second one with infared to get a photo of the first being stolen? Just a thought.