PDA

View Full Version : Our deer don't look up...or down!!

MDuffy
12-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I took this with my phone last Friday morning. Keep in mind I was all decked out in blaze orange.

This is the stuff that keeps you coming back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTBDFy3Ka0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

deerlover
12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Love it! That is up close and personal.

Alpha Doe
12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
SWEET! Was he ever down wind of you Matt?

MDuffy
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
SWEET! Was he ever down wind of you Matt?

He came from downwind, but he was never downwind in the video.

At one point in the video he was less than 6' away from me.

dshannon
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
That is AMAZING! I with i could afford the invisibility cloak you had on!! :D The crazy part is you moved the camera to follow him, he would stop and look your way and not notice the orange blob at the base of the tree!

I had a doe walk right at me on the ground in archery but she stopped dead in her tracks at like 30 ft n knew something didnt look right.

Awesome video

Flatwoods
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Nice video.
In Ga. a yearling doe would have busted you before she reached the treeline.
She'd probably still be running today. :D

Gator
12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Awesome. He looked like he winded you a little towards the end and that's what sped him up a little bit, no? You were there though so you would know. Crazy part is you being able to keep the cam on him without him busting you.

MDuffy
12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Awesome. He looked like he winded you a little towards the end and that's what sped him up a little bit, no? You were there though so you would know. Crazy part is you being able to keep the cam on him without him busting you.

He never winded me, just finally saw me.

EddieC
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
That is some of the best aspects of deer hunting right there. A nice buck that close is sure to get the adrenaline pumping. And best of all, since you didn't pull the trigger, there was no work involved afterwards.

QDMAMAN
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
No wonder you run such high hunter success! Your deer are stupid! LOL

banc123
12-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Were you in a blind or just sitting there ? Nothing like up close, I had one at 6ft while in the blind, but the closest in the open about 15ft, she thought I was another deer.

MDuffy
12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Were you in a blind or just sitting there ? Nothing like up close, I had one at 6ft while in the blind, but the closest in the open about 15ft, she thought I was another deer.

Sitting on the ground, nothing between me and him but sailboat fuel.

CaveCreek
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I had twelve deer run by me earlier this season, all within about 20 ft. I was in plain cammo coveralls, nothing special. I heard them coming, and I stood still. They all slowly moved past me, never noticing.

One obviously had gotten sidetracked, and was interested in the same foodplot, that I had gotten out of the blind to inspect. I had sensed someone must have stopped to check things out. I waited about a minute after they had all passed, turned around, and had one shooting off like a rocket. Must have been within about 6 ft of me, trying to figure out what the heck I was.:p