PDA

View Full Version : Southern Mo Repesenting

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
For an area not really known for big bucks, I feel like our area may be an exception to the rule. Southern part of Missouri is not exactly a talked about spot when it comes to big bucks. Here are four deer taken the last two years from a three mile area. All QDMA properties.

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
2011 bowkill

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
sorry the first is a 2011 bow kill low 150's, the second is a bowkill from last year, grossed low 170's, third one is a bowkill from 2011 scored in the 160's, and the last is a bowkill from last weekend that scored in the low 180's.

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
scored, 182 4/8 14" droptine

EddieC
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm from the "Show-Me State" as well, so I don't believe you. You're going to have to invite me down to hunt and show me these deer first.:D

letemgrow
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Great deer from any part of the state or country for that matter!!! If I am paying for a hunt in MO, the northern counties would get first dibs tho. The deer down in the ozarks look like fawns compared to the counties by the IA line.

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 01:02 PM
you are absolutely right. In the right areas the deer will get big, but for the most part, they are alot smaller than the brutes in the northern half of the state. Hunting down here is pretty difficult as well. Not really any crops unless you put them in yourself. The acorns are definately a game changer here.

letemgrow
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
you are absolutely right. In the right areas the deer will get big, but for the most part, they are alot smaller than the brutes in the northern half of the state. Hunting down here is pretty difficult as well. Not really any crops unless you put them in yourself. The acorns are definately a game changer here.

The scenery is breath taking down there, that is for certain. Used to go to Gainesville to get my coondogs. Lots of deer there for sure.

THE, LLC
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Guarantee you I wouldn't throw any of those back!

Buckly
10-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Ditto! Nice bucks

doctorbrady
10-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Any one of those bucks is a "once in a lifetime" buck for the Ozarks. Great job with the deer management!

MO Bowhunter
10-27-2011, 07:11 PM
A friend of mine sent me a few trailcam pics of the last buck in the last few weeks. Did you see the pic of him with the branch caught in his rack? I wish i could get all my neighbors to pass on some of the younger bucks.

Thayer.qdma
10-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Can I ask what county? We have started a co-op in NE Dent County to start getting some of our deer to that point. Just a bit curious to what county you are getting these from. I used to hunt a bunch in Oregon and Howell, I also know that Texas Co. has a bunch of good ones too!

Great job and the secret is getting out.

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine sent me a few trailcam pics of the last buck in the last few weeks. Did you see the pic of him with the branch caught in his rack? I wish i could get all my neighbors to pass on some of the younger bucks.

Yeah I did. It was awesome.

tommybanads
10-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Can I ask what county? We have started a co-op in NE Dent County to start getting some of our deer to that point. Just a bit curious to what county you are getting these from. I used to hunt a bunch in Oregon and Howell, I also know that Texas Co. has a bunch of good ones too!

Great job and the secret is getting out.

Oregon County. We fight road hunters and poachers quite a bit. Its an ongoing battle. But There is about 4 or 5 farms all in this one area that do things right. It is starting to show for sure.