PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bur oak acorns

FL_archer
10-06-2011, 01:32 AM
I am in northern South Carolina looking for a handful of bur oaks acorns that would do well here. Willing to pay for them or try to come up with a trade. I am not familiar with all the different oaks on the property I hunt but I do have some sawtooths that are packing with acorns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jared

36racin
10-06-2011, 04:30 AM
There is a bur oak tree close to my mothers house that I have been watching. It's not overloaded with acorns this year but if I can gather you up some I will.

smsmith
10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I've got some burr and some hybrid burr (my guess anyway) acorns from central MN if you want some. Shoot me a p.m. if you do

Jethro
10-06-2011, 11:26 AM
There is one here in town that has quite a few on it that I am watching. I have already talked to the guy and he says I can have all I want, it has plenty. I am in the TX panhandle, and we have gone through a bad drought this year, so I know that tree is pretty tough. Let me know if you want some, they aren't ready yet.

FL_archer
10-06-2011, 11:27 AM
There is a bur oak tree close to my mothers house that I have been watching. It's not overloaded with acorns this year but if I can gather you up some I will.

That would be great. Let me know and we will come up with a plan.

36racin
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Fl,
Went by to check for some of the bur oak acorns this morning. Didnt find any on the ground. The owner keeps his yard pretty clean and cut. Still has a few up high in the tree. But looks like the squirrels are getting them pretty quick. I'll keep my eye on them over the next few days. Fortunately it looks like several different people have acorns as well. I'll let you know if I can come up with any.

worththewait
10-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I am in northern South Carolina looking for a handful of bur oaks acorns that would do well here. Willing to pay for them or try to come up with a trade. I am not familiar with all the different oaks on the property I hunt but I do have some sawtooths that are packing with acorns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jared

I can get you some and even send a pic of the tree. My father planted it from seed years ago. I believe it is a Mossy Cup burr oak
Let me know

FL_archer
10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I can get you some and even send a pic of the tree. My father planted it from seed years ago. I believe it is a Mossy Cup burr oak
Let me know

I tried shooting you a pm but it wouldn't go through. Pm me if you get a chance.