PDA

View Full Version : Get the word out and help QDMA

Soybean Man
07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Even if you cant', won't, thinking about, or are attending this years Land and Wildlife Expo, tell all your friends to try to make it. They(Galylord) are relying on QDMA to be the main draw to the show and they need your help promoting this first time combination event. No one knows how it will turn out or how many will show, but I know the NWTF show at the same location is outstanding. I will be there again with a booth supporting a great organization that all of us benefit from in some way. If you are reading this, then hopefully you can see that. If you cannot attend and are still not a member, I encourage you to join or give a membership to a friend or youth as their next birthday present. See you there.

KS_Bowhunter
07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I will continue to do absolutely everything I can do to promote this wonderful organization. I have, and will continue to purchase memberships for others whom I believe will be drawn to QDMA over the long haul.

That being said, we must also look within this organization to find ways to improve our ability to promote ourselves. For example, late last year I purchased two guest memberships as gifts for friends. In each case, it took us over 3 months to get the membership, and more importantly - our quality magazine - to those individuals. I also attended the Deer Steward I Course in Branson in mid-May. As part of that program, you are given 5 guest memberships to distribute as you see fit. I gave those five away, and purchased a sixth to make sure that I could include all of my neighbors. To date, none of those 6 individuals have received anything from QDMA.

I understand that we are trying to "batch" orders to make the process as "efficient" as possible but how much do we lose in the process? Each time I decided to "gift" memberships, I called the receiving party to introduce our organization and get them "excited" at the prospect of enjoying a fine magazine (industry-leader in my opinion), only to have them wait months to receive their membership. This is very, very disappointing.

I can only imagine receiving a call telling me that I was given something that aligned very closely with an intense passion that I have - only to wait MONTHS to receive it! How would I feel when it finally arrived? I guess I will find out once the latest batch is processed - but it certainly seems to hurt us more than any efficiency that is gained.:confused:

LindsayThomasJr
07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
First: Thanks for the support, Soybean Man! You are definitely a friend of QDMA. The rest of you may be interested to know that Soybean Man just donated four bags of Eagle Seed RR Forage Soybeans to QDMA for fundraising at the Convention (bid on them at Convention next month, and Soybean Man will ship fresh bags to your house next spring). So, you can secure your supply of 2012 Eagle Seed now and relax until you're planting them next year!

Second: KSB, thanks for your comments as well. Previous complaints in the Forum on this same topic have already been noted and are being acted upon at QDMA HQ. We are currently working on streamlining the new-member materials while also making them more valuable. Newly joined members will receive their first contact from QDMA much more quickly. We are also looking at ways to speed delivery of the first issue of QW (in cases where new members join just after an issue has gone out). So, we have heard you and others, and you will see changes in this area very soon.

CaribouHunter
07-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks soybean man and it will be so good to see you again. Bring Cody, and I'm bringing Sam. And, thanks for your support of the QDMA, I can't tell you how many clients that I have that use your product, some exclusively,
and they continue to perform just outstanding. I need four bags for a late planting food plot, and will contact you tomorrow about that. As to the late arrival of new member packets, we will address this at the next Board meeting in early August, and the Board will get involved with this, looks like Lindsay has heard your comments and is changing the procedure to allow for a more timely delivery. Was not aware of this prior. Thanks for bringing it up and thanks for your support of the QDMA, we will fix this I assure you.
CaribouHunter (Chairman of the Board - QDMA).

KS_Bowhunter
07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for your efforts at getting the new membership process fixed. I certainly appreciate all your efforts and will help promote this organization in any way possible.

In fact, I plan on purchasing a lifetime membership at the National Convention this year. As usual, I can't wait for the event! See you there.

BSK_
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I look forward to the Convention and Land Expo being in my home town. Makes travel arrangements much easier! ;)