PDA

View Full Version : Atv Type Pull Behind Harrow Discs ???

widow maker 2
02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
lOOKING FOR INFO. ON ATV PULL BEHIND HARROW DISCS. Have no experience on these. Looking and trying to compare Summit plot mule to the Plot master or anything else that you fellow food plotters have tried. I put a message out last night on this subject but forgot to put a title so I did not get much feed back. Hoping to get alittle more imput before making a purchase. As I said yesterday I've been using regular farm implements up to now but my disc. has no wheels and the new ground we are doing is 1/4 mile down a black top road.

bowhuntah
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I have the Monroe-Tufline disc. It works well but I had a problem after the first use. Where the tongue bolts to the main frame there is a bad weld design. I took mine to a fabrication shop and had both sides re-welded. The company did split the cost of the repair.

foodplotdude
02-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Ok, I hate to make this sound like a sales pitch. But I truly love the Plotmaster even though I work for the company(Tecomate). I was using it way before I started working for them. There is nothing else on the market that can compare or compete with this unit. The Plotmaster is a great investment, especially if you are on your own and without a tractor. Most guys today have an ATV and the newer ones are above 300 cc which is the minimum cc you will need to pull this critter. Best of all, it is farm grade material/equipment so you know it will last under tough conditions. And, if you have a tractor, you can hook up using the 3 pt attachent feature. Its a double whammy.

The great thing about the Plotmaster is that it is a do it all, all in one machine. No need to change out implements.....this beast does it all! We have models from 4 footers to 8 footers. The model 400 is PERFECT for the guy/gal who is planting smaller plots. If you want to see one in action, feel free to check out our website at www.tecomate.com and click on the Plotmaster section. There you can view video clips. If I can be of further assistance, please send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck!!!

aerospacefarmer
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Foodplotdude,

You dodged this question in an earlier post but when are you going to offer a discount to all the guys here on the forums for the free advertising and endorsements you receive in here? I am not asking for too much but at least give us a little break so we can continue to support Tecomate!!! LOL I am only half kidding but would be nice to get something off those high prices for your products. I used lablab plus last year and the deer hammered it

Paul

foodplotdude
02-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Paul,

I never dodged the question before...in fact I did answer it then. But I will tell you again. If you look in the "become a member" section of the QDMA web site, you will see that by becoming a QDMA member, you are eligible for seed discounts. Check into that and see what you are entiltled to.

You are correct about the Lablab Plus.........I have now built my entire warm season nutritional program around that product. Glad to hear your deer are tearing yours up as well there in PA.

As for the "free advertising," I feel that it is more of a responsibility on our part(Tecomate) to be out here offering our assistance whenever needed.....on this site, or where ever. Especially when individuals ask for advise or input. I may not be able to answer everything, but I can certainly help all that I can. FYI: QDMA is listed on Tecomate's web page. We believe in supporting our sponsors too :)

aerospacefarmer
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Dude,

I apologize for my statement since I missed it the last time you responded to me. I am going to check out the member page. I really loved the lablab plus and am hoping the clover chicory blend comes up strong this spring after having a pretty bad weed problem when I first planted it. I am also looking to go with some additional chicory plots if they are really all what people have been saying. I was only kidding about the free advertising and I really think you have had some great posts. If you are ever coming up to Northeast Pa let me know and I can show you some of your products in action!!

Paul

aerospacefarmer
02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Dude,

I checked the new member page and cant seem to locate the amount of discount that Tecomate gives to QDMA members and where they have to buy the seed. It does say that we get discounts on seeds and trees etc but I cant seem to find out who gives these discounts and how you get them. Can someone let me know how to get these.

Paul

P4JC
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
dude

I have a Plotmaster 400 that I have used for about 3 years now. I love it, but there are a few things I would comment on. I have a 500cc 4X4 ATV that does OK for 80% of the things I do with the Plotmaster. When I really sink the discs down in soft soil, it doesn't have quite enough power to pull it without a strain. I suggest 600cc or higher for use with the Plotmaster.

The cultipacker is a bit heavy for lifting by hand for me, especially after I filled it with sand, at the dealer's recommendation.

I wouldn't trade my Plotmaster for any other ATV implement out there.

wedowee
02-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I just recieved an email reply from Tecomate stating that they do NOT offer seed discounts to QDMA members. I brought up this topic last year on the forum and there seems to be some controversy. As for ATV discs, I have a thunderdisc and it does great on unbroken ground, using leverage for disc pressure
http://www.thunderdisc.com/

wedowee
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Here is the thread I was referring to, I hope Lindsay takes Tecomate off the "discount list"
http://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864&highlight=seed+discount