PDA

View Full Version : Gnarls Barkley !!

bigeight
08-17-2010, 07:44 AM
I finally got to watch the episode where Lee Lakosky kills this deer:eek:

I know there have been photos of this buck on this sight before, but I never realized the body size of that animal. Anyone else see that?

That thing looked like a Brahma Bull with antlers. Just a HUGE head on it and fat rolls on it's neck. Obviously a high scoring buck, but I was so impressed with the size of the animal. Lee said he thought it was 8 or 9 years old.:eek:

Just Awesome looking!!!!

fiveyear
08-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Yes I saw the pics on this site last year and was wondering if we would see the episode where it was taken. In TV time it is reality that it take a year to get put together into a show. It was a very impressive deer. It is a great indication of what age nutrition and genetics can do for a deer. :eek: :D

Good show! As always! Tiffany looked great as well. Lee is alucky man!!;)

Archaic
08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I had a friend of a friend of my cousin's sister-in-law's nephew's close friend's next door neighbor say that, Gnarls Barkley was killed in South East Alabama and the video made made to look like it was killed in Iowa... but would not name names...

Everyone knows Mr Barkley is from Alabama!! WAREAGLE!!

Gator
08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I finally got to see Tiffany in person this past weekend at the Richmond VA hunting show. I'll just say she looks way better in person and out of those camo clothes :)

deerlover
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Archaic...that is funny stuff!

Now, back to the topic: That buck was definitely a black angus cow with impressive antlers. I honestly can't believe that he found the sheds right together in the field the first year. Then he dissapeared the next year, but with the right food plot in the right spot, that deer found safety and food right there for him and Lee did a great job of getting it done.

You think that deer liked clover because his teeth were getting worn down?

My hats off to Lee on this one! SWEET!

That deer had more chins than a chinese phone book!:D

oneshotbrowing5
08-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I had a friend of a friend of my cousin's sister-in-law's nephew's close friend's next door neighbor say that, Gnarls Barkley was killed in South East Alabama and the video made made to look like it was killed in Iowa... but would not name names...

was it south east? or south west? :D
war eagle

November Sunrise
08-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I finally got to watch the episode where Lee Lakosky kills this deer:eek:

I know there have been photos of this buck on this sight before, but I never realized the body size of that animal. Anyone else see that?

That thing looked like a Brahma Bull with antlers. Just a HUGE head on it and fat rolls on it's neck. Obviously a high scoring buck, but I was so impressed with the size of the animal. Lee said he thought it was 8 or 9 years old.:eek:

I'm with you. I saw the hunt on a Realtree video a few weeks ago - incredible buck. Truly awesome.

lone cedar farm
08-17-2010, 02:15 PM
I finally got to see Tiffany in person this past weekend at the Richmond VA hunting show. I'll just say she looks way better in person and out of those camo clothes :)

....NOT POSSIBLE!!! :D

Archaic
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Archaic...that is funny stuff!

Now, back to the topic: That buck was definitely a black angus cow with impressive antlers. I honestly can't believe that he found the sheds right together in the field the first year. Then he dissapeared the next year, but with the right food plot in the right spot, that deer found safety and food right there for him and Lee did a great job of getting it done.

You think that deer liked clover because his teeth were getting worn down?

My hats off to Lee on this one! SWEET!

That deer had more chins than a chinese phone book!:D

You are right, Gnarls was one of the most impressive bucks I've seen taken on video... Not just that he was big, it was his age...

hardwood11
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
I watched the episode, Lee and Tiffany are former Minnesotans that moved to Iowa. Smart move as they would be hard pressed to shoot bucks like that in MN.

They control so much prime Iowa habitat and they provide the food plots, and pass up deer that most of us would shoot in a heartbeat. My guess is that they will probably shoot bucks that will be much bigger in the future, not sure they will find one that old??

lone cedar farm
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM

I heard it was killed close to Athens Georgia then taken to Alabama and Iowa for pictures! :eek:

GO DAWGS!! :D

RLW
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I have never seen the show or anything about the buck other than this thread, but I've been cracking up the last few days everytime I read the name "Gnarls Barkley". That is all.

deerlover
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I heard Lee say that 8 point....YES, 8 POINT, scored 196 7/8 inches with only a 14 inch spread! YIKES!!!

http://www.thecrush.tv/images/uploads/Lee%20-%20Barkley.jpg