PDA

View Full Version : BTC and downloading pics

Darron
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
I just purchased a BTC from trailcampro.com. I set it up last night in my house just to take some test pics of me and the dog walking by. It did great and the pics look great. My only problem is, when I put the SD card into my card reader plugged into my tower, it will only let me view them as a slide show and not down load them. I thought maybe this was due to the fact I formatted the card. So I tried a new card that I did not format and same thing, could view as a slide show but could not down load. This happened whether I formatted the card or not.

How can I download my pics? Obviously, the camera is doing something to the card as my IR-4's will allow me to download pics.

CrazyED
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Just taking a guess here but are you doing a copy & paste or a cut & paste to download (move) the pictures from the card to your computer. Sometimes these cards have a small lock so data is protected on the card, could that be the problem?

Darron
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Just taking a guess here but are you doing a copy & paste or a cut & paste to download (move) the pictures from the card to your computer. Sometimes these cards have a small lock so data is protected on the card, could that be the problem?

No. When I take the SD card out of the camera (when it is off) and put it into the card reader a window pops up and give me several options, one of which says, "View and download images." When I do this, the pics pop up with a big yellow ? mark where the pic should be. Obviously it is a formatting issue between the read and the camera. If I click, "view images as slideshow" they pop up fine, but I cannoyt down load from that prompt.

It's not a huge deal, but if I get some good pics I would like to have the option to download them so I can save them on my computer. My other trail cameras would allow me, but for some reason the BTC will not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

buckdeer1
03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't have any issues on mine,they download the same as all the rest

yoderj@cox.net
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Cancel out of that window.

Open "My Computer"

Scroll down as needed to find your SD card.

Double click on the SD card icon or right click and select open.

In another window, open My Documents. You can create a folder for your pictures if you like. If so, navigate to it.

Go back to the first window, select the folders in the SD card and Drag them to your folder in My Document.

You just copied your pictures.

You can then go back to the first window and delete the pictures from your SD card.

Your problem is the way you have windows configured, nothing to do with your camera or SD card.