PDA

View Full Version : Laji Glyphosphate

dmusgrave
10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed but I found a 30 gallon drum of this + 15% surfacant priced at $299.70.

At $10 / gallon this sounds like a good deal but wanted to hear if anyone has used this and if so what the results were....

For informational purposes, I'll be using this on food plots and on my trails.

Thanks

AaronS
10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I've bought a couple of 2.5 gallon jugs of the stuff at our local Rural King and it has worked flawlessly. That's a great price.

TrademarkTexan
10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know if that particular Gly is good or not, but just an FYI...my dad uses 1,000 gallons of Gly a year, and he just told me that generic Gly has gone down a LOT in price recently, and his Chemical guy is telling him to hold off buying any, because they think it has a lot further to go.

That said, $10/gallon is a good price and if you can store it there's nothing wrong with buying it at that price.

dmusgrave
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
if you can store it there's nothing wrong with buying it at that price.

I plan on splitting this with my Dad to use on both of our farms. That amount (15 gal) would still last a couple of years. How long can it be stored assuming it is in a pole building?

Thanks

TrademarkTexan
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
As long as it doesn't freeze or have sunlight hitting it, it would probably last a couple of years. It might lose a little "power" but not a ton. If you could store it in a climate-controlled area like your house, it can last longer than that.

Ironhunter
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I stored it for three years and it lost nothing. Keep it from freezing and keep it out of sunlight.

Sportfish
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
You don't have to keep it from freezing. Prices dropped to less than 8 dollars for a while and have rebounded now.

John C.
10-20-2009, 02:13 AM
You don't have to keep it out of the sun either, they will come in a blue barrel