PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew questions

kbush
10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
After buying the two IR cams in the "garage sale" I'm thinking about trying to build some more. So, I have a couple of questions:

Who is selling modified cameras? I don't think I can solder well enough to crack open a camera myself.

Where are you buying you supplies such as boards, cases, etc? Is JHO still the forum for building cameras?

JRM6868
10-13-2009, 01:19 PM
After buying the two IR cams in the "garage sale" I'm thinking about trying to build some more. So, I have a couple of questions:

Who is selling modified cameras? I don't think I can solder well enough to crack open a camera myself.

Where are you buying you supplies such as boards, cases, etc? Is JHO still the forum for building cameras?

You could build a p41 or p32 trail cam with no soldering involved in the hack. Snap shot sniper sells and sa stereo jack for the mod that has a long enough flex cable so no soldering. There are multiple sights out there for homebrewslike hagshouse.com,real deal hunting chat,chasinggame.com and you can get supplies from BF Outdoors,Snapshotsniper,whitetailsupply for boards. Snapshot sniper has a small board called the simple sniper that you don't need to do any soldering. They also sell kits for these builds so there is no drilling of the cases.

dtabor
10-13-2009, 02:55 PM
whitetailsupply.com has the kits and will do the hack for you as well if you wish.

kbush
10-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't mind drilling the cases or mounting everything up. It's the soldering I'm unsure of. Guess I'll do a little searching and figure out a plan.

What is the consensus on the best camera for trail use?

JRM6868
10-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't mind drilling the cases or mounting everything up. It's the soldering I'm unsure of. Guess I'll do a little searching and figure out a plan.

What is the consensus on the best camera for trail use?
For speed a p41 is the fastest and flash range is the s600. Someone else may have a different view but these are the ones I have used.

banc123
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
S600 for quality and flash, P41 for speed , S40 for economy all around

I started liking the E50, but darned if they haven't started taking white pics, they apparently don't like the humidity or something.

Hagshouse has become one of the more popular sites for info and help.

Supplies..... have historically used yeti and whitetail supply.

P41 is the easiest hack