PDA

View Full Version : which Glyphosate AKA "Round-UP"

Kirch
07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
which 41% Glyphosate herbicide everyone using and gives the best bang for the $$$. On the Cooperseeds site. they

Eraser $119
Round-up Pro $189
Razor Pro $99

all are 41% glyphosate and 2.5 gallon jugs. Sounds like Razor is the way to go. What is everyone else using?

http://www.cooperseeds.com/viewitem.php?prod=2043

Canuck5
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Pronto Big & Tuff on sale for $89, for 2.5 gallons and includes surfactant. I use it and haven't had any issues with it

cadizdeer1
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I know somebody can give you a cheaper source, but keystone sells 41% for cheaper
http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=6cecdac6b4d9900e35c81b792a6638a4

ronfromramer
07-29-2009, 03:32 PM
and between using it on fences, around trees, etc. at home and food plots, I use 3 or 4 gallons a year. I've tried a lot of different brands and it all has worked for me.
I prefer the 41% gly with surfactant already added.
I just bought 2.5 gals. on ebay from(I think) Joe's General Store in Bastrop, La. for around $86 including UPS shipping, had it in 3 days.

biglakeba$$
07-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I just got a 2.5 gallon jug of Glystar 41% from a local seed dealer for $56!!!

scottfree
07-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Agchemical in Cary N.C. has Cropsmart 41% Gly $83.15, for 5 gallons. This does not include freight. I bought some a couple a weeks ago delivered $120.51. agchemical.com
or the phone number is 919-462-1375. Good luck/spraying. What we sprayed is brown and down. Has surfactant in it.

WNY Tony
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I bought mine a few weeks ago from www.ruralking.com It was on sale for $59 for 2.5 gallons with surfactant. Ended up being $74 including shipping.

Alpha Doe
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Reichman Sales has it for $14.95 / gallon. You have to purchase it in the 2.5 gallon jug so $36.25 + shipping for 2.5 gallons. 41% plus a surfactant.

Illinois
815-452-2665

Fishin49er
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
What seed dealer are you using? I live in Champlin and made a trip down to AL Seed in Albert Lea last week. Was looking for something closer but figured I could find all my fall ploy stuff in "one stop". My hunting property is in Fort Ripley so something in between would by ideal. Please let me know if you would. Thanks in advance!

foggy
07-29-2009, 07:44 PM
What seed dealer are you using? I live in Champlin and made a trip down to AL Seed in Albert Lea last week. Was looking for something closer but figured I could find all my fall ploy stuff in "one stop". My hunting property is in Fort Ripley so something in between would by ideal. Please let me know if you would. Thanks in advance!

Mimbachs in St Cloud carries most of what you need for food plots. They sell seeds in mixes and by the pound. Also bags of fall rye grain and wheat and most of the chemicals. They are right on your way to Fort Ripley area. Looked like fair prices. I also talked with a co-op in Pierz which would be west of Little Falls about 10 miles. It sounded like they carried a good line of seeds and fertilizers.....but I did not check it out. Instead I bought my fertilizer in Aitkin (whom also had a good line of seed and lime) and seeds from multiple named sources and from RJ Hunt in Wadena. (was my year to get my sources figured out too).

I bought my lime in bags from Mills Fleet in Brainerd. Cheapest route I found.

All of the named locations seemed like good operations to me. Good luck.

Hmmmmm......makes me think we should have a place on this site for known good QDMA seed and fertilizer vendors.....as they are hard to locate for the newbie.

Fishin49er
07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
I appreciate the info. That will save me some money on fuel in the future. Pierz is actually east of Little Falls and I go right through there on my way to my property(Hwy 25). Have you found a place to buy Urea? I have been getting some triple 10 from a small seed dealer in Brainerd. He only carries a few seeds like D.E.R.($2 a pound). What did you pay for lime at Fleet Farm? Thanks again!

foggy
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
My bad. I meant east of Little Falls for Pierz. They had triple 17 fertilizer for about $18 per 50 lb bag....if my memory serves me right. Also several other blends (all from a phone call I made to their store).

My source in Aiikin was closer for me.....and may have been a little cheaper on fertilizer. I bought some 25 9 25 5 for $22 for a 65 lb bag. Which was a very good deal and gave me the stuff I needed. The extra sulfur (4th digit) is said to be good in the sands of north central MN (Although I would have preferred a higher content).

Next time I may get some custom blended stuff from the same place (Aikin). A bit more study for me this winter and after getting new soil samples.

Seems to me that the barn lime at Mills was about 2.10 per bag in skid quantities.

biglakeba$$
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey Fisher,

I shot you a PM too.

I got Urea bulk(by the 5 gallon pails that I bring), for .20 a lb at our local ag store near our property. That equates to $10 for 50 lbs.

Seed blends. I actually sell seed for RJ Hunt out of Wadena. He carries absolutely everything. He doesnt have a website, so if you want more info, email me from the info in the PM. To be honest, its nothing different for the most part from so much else out there or cheaper, but the guy that owns the place is just a class guy, and knows his stuff. I handled the seed program sales for the MN Deer Hunters Assc in our West Metro Chapter, and he asked if I would "rep" for him from that. So I did.

The Gly I got was from a guy in Monticello. So not far out of your way if you dont find better prices. He did tell me that his next order was going to be $1 a gallon cheaper than his current stock he has too.

biglakeba$$
07-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Foggy
If you want more sulfur, you can buy that in 50 lb bags from Ag stores and add more if you feel its needed.

I made my own mix for my clovers, and added sulfur to it. I want to say I paid $17 for 50lbs last month.

foggy
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Foggy
If you want more sulfur, you can buy that in 50 lb bags from Ag stores and add more if you feel its needed.

I made my own mix for my clovers, and added sulfur to it. I want to say I paid $17 for 50lbs last month.

Thanks BLB. I talked with RJ Hunt in Wadena.....nice guy.....and that is one thing he really emphasized (broadcasting sulfur in the sands of No Cent MN). I bought my brasica and some clover from him. He claimed that the sulfur was likely MORE important than lime. My fertilizer dealer had sulfur for about 12 bucks a bag too.....but I didn't add any more for this year.

I do need to read up on this and get some confirmation on the value of adding more suffur to my fertilzer. My fertilizer source in Aitkin will bag any blend of fertilizer that I request.....and seems to be a very fair price for same. He also carries a good variety of seeds and lime.....and at this point is the closest source for these materials for me. (I have a cabin in the Crosslake area).

DHall2276
07-30-2009, 01:07 PM
We use Accord XRT II which is 50.2% Gly. Just got a new shipment in...2 30 gallon drums. We go through about 4 drums a year :D