PDA

View Full Version : Any Oneida Eagle lovers here?

thirdypointer
05-02-2009, 06:04 PM
If so, how are the newer models now that C. Pollington owns them? I would never buy a bow with a casted riser, but they got two models, a Black Eagle II and a Falcon (sticker shock at $1195 though!!!) that are machined. Are they quiet, vibration free, fast and lastly low maintenance ( like the same or less than a regular compound)? I got a monster comming and thought about adding another (and only other) type of lever bow since i'm getting bored buying wheelie bows (had over 20 of those already). Any dealers around NE Wi. where i can see a new one?

thirdypointer
05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Wow, these use to be really popular bows!!?? There are a couple awesome guys out there rebuilding these bows with excellent modifications and parts they designed that really make them a great shooting bow now buy eliminating all the "flaws" oneida had with their design. They now shoot much more quiet and vibration free with increased speed and smoother draws with no tinkering needed if MBI or GCA rebuilds it. I got a couple bows coming, a Monster Phoenix and most likely when the ebay auction ends today and Oneida Stealth, so i'll see just how great these bows really are lol! With the price of the new Oneida's, you can pick up a used one and send it in for a complete rebuild and even powdercoating and limb dipping to your liking, for a few hundred less than a new "flawed" oneida.

Tdelegram
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a 2008 BE II ESC, and an 1988 H-250. By far these are the smothest drawing and shooting bows made bar none. These bows have no recoil and you can comfotably draw 10 pounds more than a traditional cammed bow. My BEII is set at 83 pounds, I shoot a 31.5 inch 2315 with 125 grain tips. Last chronograph the bow was averaging 290 FPS. I recall the IBO speed being 315 - 330 depending on which model. The unique design also eliminates cam lean, if you are unfamiliar with this term read the following article:

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/Spot-Hogg_91/Cam_Lean_-_Does_it_Really_Matter.shtml

Cam lean is a killer of both speed and accuracy. I can confidently state that the new BE II has made me a better archer. My last kill with it was a 350 pound black bear on the run at 17 yards! At 30 yards or in I am confident on a baseball sized grouping or tighter.

Regarding the prices, these are high end bows and if I am not mistaken the prices of other high end bows are in the same ball park. I have seen last years model Mathews selling for $900.

thirdypointer
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
If you haven't heard or monsterbows.com or 5150bows.com, you'll want to check them sites out as they are mainly forums on lever bows (Monster and Oneida) with alot of great info on how to make you bow even better as those guys are all rebuilders and supertuners of oneida bows. I would like to try the Falcon, but i'd need to find a used one for half price! :rolleyes:

thirdypointer
05-08-2009, 05:43 AM
I just recieved my new to me BOAR'd 5150 Oneida Stealth with a complete Gulf Coast Archery make over and new powder coated riser and predator dipped limbs- this thing is better than a new one from the factory! I had very limited time with it before work, but it shoots amazing, the draw and hold of this bow is like none i ever had before, after 20 some wheelie bows with the last one being a Mathews Reezen, i finally found something i think i may stay with lol! Now i can't wait to try my new cam-less Monster when it gets here (been waiting on it for over 6 weeks) as that should be as nice or even nicer?! if these bows were only around for people to try- no shops carry them, i'd bet alot more people would be shooting them!

Tdelegram
05-08-2009, 09:05 AM
In your post above you use the term "flawed" describing the onieda's, can you expand on this?

thirdypointer
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
In your post above you use the term "flawed" describing the onieda's, can you expand on this?

Their is plastic limb cups on the oneidas that tend to crack now and then along with their cables that don't hold up as well as some of the guys making aftermarket ones. The older bows had noise in the limb pockets that can be fixed with a file and some rubber along with no draw stops that caused some models to lock up. Just some items i've read about on the forums. Their are a couple guys adding good limb stops and high quality cables along with machined limb pockets to beef the bow up and quiet it down. Monster actually has a fast flight cam they are soon to release to do away with the cables and really quiet it up and add more speed. All those thing will becomming together in a new bow comming next spring called AREA 5150 Bows!

Tdelegram
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I shoot about 3K - 5K arrows a year with the bow maxxed out and I follow the mfg recommended service intervals for replacing cables and strings. I have yet to have any cable or string failure. Again the bow if set at 83 - 87 pounds so it is generating more force than the normal 50 - 70 pounds it is sold at. Therefore I don't think there is a cable problem. Regarding noise, i agree that these bows tend to generate a little more noise than some of the new wheelie bows, but by shooting a heavier arrow it tends to reduce the sound substantially. I personally believe it has to do with the heavier arrow being able to get more force transferred (consider hitting a feather with baseball bat, there will be a lot of force left in the bat after contact). All that being said, all bows make noise and until arrows are traveling faster than the speed of sound spooked deer will continue to jump strings. I am a huge fan of these bows and I feel that C. Polloington did the archery world a favor be continuing to develop and sell these bows. I hear that the factory is in a ramp up mode and there are plans for more sales and marketing for the next few years to come. One interesting point, I ordered my bow from the factory and it as all the Oneidasí from the factory was made specifically for me. These are not mass produced bows and i think that's why there has been little marketing since CPO took over. I still don't think they will mass produce but will bump up production. By the way, I have a Falcon on my to o list over the next 2 years, so I'll let you know how it shoots (unless a better model comes along).

thirdypointer
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't mind a switchblade, but there is a guy selling new Pro Eagles for $799 which is tempting! Glad to hear your limb pockets are holding up along with your strings. I'm sure some of it is overrated and you know how everyone wants to overbuild stuff! Anyway with the release of the Area 5150 bows comming out early next year, i may wait to buy another bow until then. My Monster is also being built this week hopefully, so i need to see how the 2 bows compare, i'm thinking camless is the way to go as long as it puts out decent speeds.