PDA

View Full Version : switchgrass from pheasants forever

robert lawson
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Called Mary -- Cave-in-rock is not $4.50 a lb it is $10+ --I ordered 5 lb any way to mix with little bluestem and big bluestem for my first attempt next spring at planting some nwsg. Still better then $14.00 a lb that I was quoted from several places. :D

phj
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Called Mary -- Cave-in-rock is not $4.50 a lb it is $10+ --I ordered 5 lb any way to mix with little bluestem and big bluestem for my first attempt next spring at planting some nwsg. Still better then $14.00 a lb that I was quoted from several places. :D

Switchgrass is a very small seed that can be spread most anyway; however Big Blue stem is the big fluffy seed. This spring I used a drill to plant both, but in the future I will use the drill for Cave-in-rock and will broadcast blue-stem seeds. So I would say you should be able to broadcast both types with no problem.

Lickcreek
04-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Called Mary -- Cave-in-rock is not $4.50 a lb it is $10

Lot of folks got pretty excited as word got out but apparantly Mary just misquoted the first time and word spread like wild fire!

Oh well...mistakes happen! Been a long time since switchgrass has been under 5 bucks a pound!;)