PDA

View Full Version : Easy Water

maya
02-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Has anyone with hard water used this product? What are your results? I've got real hard water and am trying to look at all alternatives before spending thousands on a softener. I know it's a little off topic but I trust your opinions here!

Thanks!

MDuffy
02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I Hate Soft Water!!

UFi911
02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Me too, it feels slimy. The harder the better here!

Not much help are we Maya?

-John

fiveyear
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm no water man. I live in and area where I have a well. We have hard water, iron, rotten egg smell. If you talk long enough to culligan they will convince you it is a communist plot to overturn the US and a threat to homeland security. JUST KIDDING I'm havin a bad Day!!!

We had culligan for about 15 years where we had a Settling tank, chemical pump(injecting bleach, a carbon filter and water softener. It fell into disrepair we ran out of money and when we had a chance to get the guy out a couple years ago he said he wouldn't ouch it unless we replaced it. His fear is if he touched it it would fall apart.

About five years back the bladder went on it and we went to the original well driller and he sold me one I installed. So this time I called him when we lost pressure on a (for us) very cold night. He came out after I had been 3 days w/o shower and finally he said they could replace it for only $3600.00. He suggested it was froze up in the carbon tank or softener.

After he almost walked away he came back and hit the bypass switch and we had water. Which brings me to the point of my post.

A couple years ago I was taking some venison to a neighbor and my wife complained about the water system. He piped in that the Water Boss saved him. Well my wife went and bought one and I begrudgingly installed it thinking it wouldn't work. Well nothing changed so alas I was right nothing changed.

So the other day when the guy hit the bypass I figured the rotten egg smell, rust and hardness were on the way but at least I could have a shower. Interestingly, enough we have no rust, no smell and soft water.

So this thing my neighbor recommended was being blocked by my old filter and the water was great. It has been ever since. Just do in and out PVC attachments and use regular outlet for power. I believe the name is Water Boss from Home Depot.

Where has it been all my life!!!

bhanks55
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm no water man. I live in and area where I have a well. We have hard water, iron, rotten egg smell. If you talk long enough to culligan they will convince you it is a communist plot to overturn the US and a threat to homeland security. JUST KIDDING I'm havin a bad Day!!!

We had culligan for about 15 years where we had a Settling tank, chemical pump(injecting bleach, a carbon filter and water softener. It fell into disrepair we ran out of money and when we had a chance to get the guy out a couple years ago he said he wouldn't ouch it unless we replaced it. His fear is if he touched it it would fall apart.

About five years back the bladder went on it and we went to the original well driller and he sold me one I installed. So this time I called him when we lost pressure on a (for us) very cold night. He came out after I had been 3 days w/o shower and finally he said they could replace it for only $3600.00. He suggested it was froze up in the carbon tank or softener.

After he almost walked away he came back and hit the bypass switch and we had water. Which brings me to the point of my post.

A couple years ago I was taking some venison to a neighbor and my wife complained about the water system. He piped in that the Water Boss saved him. Well my wife went and bought one and I begrudgingly installed it thinking it wouldn't work. Well nothing changed so alas I was right nothing changed.

So the other day when the guy hit the bypass I figured the rotten egg smell, rust and hardness were on the way but at least I could have a shower. Interestingly, enough we have no rust, no smell and soft water.

So this thing my neighbor recommended was being blocked by my old filter and the water was great. It has been ever since. Just do in and out PVC attachments and use regular outlet for power. I believe the name is Water Boss from Home Depot.

Where has it been all my life!!!

how hard was it to install? Did you just install it in the main line coming in the house? I assume before you get to the T to the hot water heater, etc.

~cost?

Anderson
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
maya, I am not familiar with those products, but there sure is a lot of snake oil in the water treatment business. Sort of like gadgets to increase fuel mileage, etc. Like anything else, it's buyer beware I suppose.

We have iron in the water here, and that is our struggle. We use an air-injection thingie and a settling tank and a filter tank (backflushes at night). It's working fairly well.

maya
02-06-2009, 07:45 PM
maya, I am not familiar with those products, but there sure is a lot of snake oil in the water treatment business. Sort of like gadgets to increase fuel mileage, etc. Like anything else, it's buyer beware I suppose.

We have iron in the water here, and that is our struggle. We use an air-injection thingie and a settling tank and a filter tank (backflushes at night). It's working fairly well.

That's about what I figured. I saw and ad on tv durring the evening news so I thought it may be ok, not like it was a late night infomercial! I looked at the website and they say there are some big comercial businesses using their product, Wal mart, Mc D's and the like, but I'd like to see more conformation.

I've got a bad calcium problem, which is why my soil samples are good though!!! My apliances are taking a betting. We can't keep a dishwasher, clothes washer and if I wash the car it dirtier than when I started!

UFi911
02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Here's the link to water boss......

Water Boss (http://www.waterboss.com/index.shtml)

I've never heard of it before now, but I need to look into it. The water at my cabin is BAD. Rust/sulpher (not really sure which) turns anything it touches orange in a matter of a couple of days if not sooner.

-John

maya
02-06-2009, 08:12 PM
This is the product I was looking at. http://www.easywater.com/

The water Boss is like a regular salt type softener isn't it?

timberdoodle
02-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Maya, there is an electrician, yes an electrician, who was selling a similar black box that magically "softens" water where I live. The state attorney general tried to have the television commercials removed but he took it to court and was granted the right to air the commercials. The difference between the one you are looking at and his was cost. His was not that expensive. I think it was under $100.