PDA

View Full Version : Eagle soybeans and sorghum

bill hare
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone has planted a combo of eagle soybeans and sorghum. Sorghum seems to be easier to establish than corn, so I was thinking of trying this. Any opinions. Thanks

Lickcreek
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone has planted a combo of eagle soybeans and sorghum. Sorghum seems to be easier to establish than corn, so I was thinking of trying this. Any opinions. Thanks

I haven't seen Eagle brand per se but soybeans and sorghum can work well together. I would expect the Eagle forage beans would be an excellent bean to plant with sorghum.

I would check on the Eagle vining soybeans too. :)

bill hare
01-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks LC Eagle forage beans is what I was talking about, thanks for corecting me.

gunfun13
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Should work fine, but you won't be able to take advantage of Eagle's RR trait without killing the sorghum.

Lickcreek
01-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Should work fine, but you won't be able to take advantage of Eagle's RR trait without killing the sorghum.

If you purchase sorghum seed safened with Concep you can use Dual Magum II as a pre-emergant herbicide for awesome weed control. Roughly $115 a gallon so not really much different then RUP (although I hear generic gly is dropping in price)

Whitetail Thicket RR TM, the world's first Roundup Ready climbing soybean.

Stuff looks awesome! Eagle Seed Forage (http://www.eagleseed.com/forage.html)