PDA

View Full Version : Hey Banc123?

bdhuntin
08-21-2008, 10:32 PM
are you guys up in n. fla getting cabin fever yet? we got between 6-7 inches from "faye" and it looks like you guys are going to get at least that much. luckily we didnt get that much wind, just lots of rain. hope you guys dont float away!
good luck and try to stay dry
brian

banc123
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
The office was closed down today, but I went ahead and worked until 3:00 only to come home and find no power. Power was out from until 9 and I expect it to go back out before its all said and done so I'm cranking the A/C on 60deg in hopes it will keep us cool through the night. Winds are about 40 gusting to 60 right now and its been a constant rain pretty much all day. 4-5inch so far, but its just now starting to hit us. A few big trees down around us, but most of my big giant ones were taken out in the multiple huricanes of 04.

I'm curious if my tractor/atv shed (2 inch tubing and fitted tarp covering) will make it. I'm guess not with it blowing 40-50 for hours on end.

I suspect most businesses will be closed tomorrow, schools were out yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Honkering down right now and hoping no trees pay us a midnight house call.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bdhuntin
08-21-2008, 11:00 PM
well good luck. hopfully it will start moving! i know some of our friends to the north could use some of this rain. honestly it is windier today than it was on tuesday when it came through here. well hang on and i hope you dont have any problems.
brian

Blade
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I dont think we got a drop of rain form the storm here in tampa but across the state in melbourne some places got in excess of 27 inches. Our fram is in levy county and i am curious to see how much rain they get there. This silly storm is just sitting there

judgdred
08-22-2008, 01:38 AM
blade,lookin at weatherunderground,their showing 2-4 inches in last 12 hours,flat out pourin there right now.

banc123
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I came on downtown to the office and now I'm stuck. 40-60 , bridges closed and sideways rain for the last 3 hours. My wife called and said my garage is flooding and our driveway is ankle deep.

Good thing I stored all the seed and fertlizer off the ground :D

FloridaBoy
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Well Fay is finally on the move. Radar estimates show that Jax got 12-15 inches of rain. Banc, I hope you can find your tractor!

We needed the rain, but it would have been nice to get 1 inch a day for 12 days instead!

banc123
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Tornadoes all afternoon, closest one passed about 4 miles south of our house. Just checked the gage and we got 13.

I have a suspicion my shed it toast and some of my roads will be washed out.

The tractor sits right at the south/western edge of what I call the "boot heel" where Ga drops down into fl west of Jax. Tomorrow will tell.

FloridaBoy
08-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Last year: FIRE, this year: FLOOD..

Boy nature sure knows how to put us in our place, doesn't she?

So what's on tap for next year? Earthquake or Meteorite?