PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Biologic Maximum Plot

MNdeerhunter
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
If anyone is interested in planting the Biologic Maximum and would like to see some pics on what a plot of it looks like, Biologic posted 3 pics of my plot from last summer that I sent them. Go to www.mossyoakbiologic.com and click on success stories and mine is the one titled Minnesota Maximum.

Thanks.

brassman
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Nice looking plots bud, looks like you have a honey hole there.

dogdoc
03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
nice plot! You should post a pic now to show how much use it got!

Luv2hunteup
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice pictures. Maximum is always part of my rotation planting in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Another winner has been Tyfon Turnip. It does well on slightly acidic soil that holds moisture well.

mobowhunter
03-08-2005, 08:26 PM
when did u plant it spring or fall

VaArcher
03-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey MN, why not post the pics here? I'm sure all of us would like to see them in this post..Sounds like something to be proud of.

MNdeerhunter
03-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Dogdoc, right now the plot is under about 2ft of snow with just the stalks left poking out here and there and no leaves left at all and they did feed on the stalks for a while but did not seem to be real crazy about them compared to the leaves in the fall and early winter.
Mobowhunter, I planted that plot on June 16th and the pics were taken on August 16th but I think I prefer a early August planting the best because I just seen more deer activity in the plot in the fall and winter with the August planting. The plants do get taller with a spring or early summer planting but at least with my plot the deer activity was less in the fall and winter. But both the spring and late summer plantings work well but personally I just prefer the late summer.
VaArcher, I never have got around to learning how to post the pics on this site, lol. I did not post them myself on the Biologic site, I just emailed them the pics to show the success I had with the growth of the Maximum and then they emailed me back asking if it was ok if they posted them on there site.

Trkent
03-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Nice pics, what kind of soil conditions did you have before planting?

MNdeerhunter
03-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Trkent,
Our soil is a lighter somewhat sandy type soil with a PH of 8.0 Soil Conditions were pretty good before seeding and then after it was seeded we got a lot of rain, actually to much in a short period of time because there were some areas of the field (the lower ground) that stayed wet to long and did not grow very well. But I would say 75% of the 3 acres grew to 2 1/2 to 3' tall but if we would have not got so much rain at one time I think all of the plot would have reached the same height.