PDA

View Full Version : New supplemental product for the South...

EastALHunter
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I ran across a company from Texas that is now manufacturing pelletized feed in both MS and AL now. Got a chance to speak with one of the guys that developed this product and I have to say I was extremely impressed with the science behind their development. They really covered all the bases and then some. Here is their web site:

www.maxraxdeerfeed.com

You can buy it in bulk from Casey Feed in Hope Hull, AL (334-548-2789) and you can probably buy it in bags from there as well. Tell them Don sent ya. Ask for the 17% pellets but only feed these from April 1 - October 1. This formulation is really packed with vitamins and minerals. Swap to the 18% pellets for all other times of the year that you want to feed.

I can't remember for sure but I think the 17% pellets were about $8 per 50 pound bag and the 18% pellets were a little cheaper. That's still some awesome prices - $320 per ton is cheapest around and you can get it cheaper than that in bulk. Price is probably headed up with the rise in fuel and fertilizer costs but everybody's price will rise and MaxRax will still be cheaper. You can only get it in 4 places in Alabama but I'm working on expanding it across Alabama and into TN, GA, SC, and FL