PDA

View Full Version : you gotta see this!

kodiakswitchback
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I was just sitting here and watching it snow, and was checking out the Cabelas site. I came a long this atv tree chopper and thought "how cool is this". For someone to go into a brushy area and get it clean it would be the cats meaw if it actually worked. It would save all kinds of time. It's supposed to shear up to 4" trees

Check out the video http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/product_features/photos/pages/5_outdoorgear_cutlery/pf_treechopper_lg.html

Dave

Wildlife Acres 2
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow, your right, that is a great idea.... I think I would prefer to watch
someone else hitting a 4 inch tree before I tried it..;) ;) :rolleyes: :)

kodiakswitchback
02-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow, your right, that is a great idea.... I think I would prefer to watch
someone else hitting a 4 inch tree before I tried it..;) ;) :rolleyes: :)

Me too...I wonder how long the atv mounts will last before they get sheared off. It is neat and if it worked like the video, someone could clear an area for a plot pretty fast. I did notice that the video shows soft wood pine. Wonder what it would do on some hardwood?

HabitatMD
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Sure works well on flat ground. Hate to find out what a rock or little ditch would do! :eek:

kodiakswitchback
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Thought the same thing. I know when I am plowing snow with my atv and hit something hard it brings you off the seat

KY RPh
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
$1499 + shipping sounds a little steep.

deerlover
02-13-2008, 06:27 PM
$1499 + shipping sounds a little steep.

That would be at least 4 chainsaws....+ 4 guys, I bet I could do 4X the amount of work!:D

knobby
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
cool idea

but I dont see that thing clearing any 4" hardwoods

I could see maybe clearing an overgrown field with some brush....probably about the same as what a brush hog could do. You could probably cut off small and medium bushes/brush and at the same time shove it to the field egde. That would be good...to clear the brush and shove it out of the way at the same time. Better wear some armor though haha cuz the thorns and briars might eat you up.

Dang I have a perfect place to try that out but I aint coughin up that kinda dough.

It's gotta be awful hard on the mount and frame of the ATV to use it like a battering ram

what happenes when you accidentally hit an old metal fence post haha

Broken Arrow
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
You can also get these attachments for tractors, both on the 3PH and on the front loader.

http://www.wikco.com/Hyrch.html

ROS VEGAS
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
no need for that....I got a JD609 brush hog....rated to take out stuff up to 4" diameter.

Trust me.....it will!

UFi911
02-15-2008, 10:39 PM
It probably works well when you can hit one tree at a time like the video. But anywhere I would like to clear has trees every 12" or less.

Good idea, but they aren't getting my cash.

-John

Buckeye Dan
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I predict a lawsuit. Some yahoo is going to go up against a hardwood or something real dense, fly over the handlebars and get a branch in the throat or eye socket. Somewhere near fatal or actually fatal. Not going to be pretty either way. They have to put a warning/danger sticker on a lawn mower to warn people about placing body parts into the spinning blade. What do you think is gonna happen with this thing?