PDA

View Full Version : pics of bucks/bladen lakes qdma banquet

wildart
09-27-2007, 04:33 PM
these deer are some of the best deer from the bladen area - 4 of them are in the 150's - qdma members efforts are really paying off and because more and more people, hunters and landowners alike are participating in these management practices, everyone wins - but i don't have to tell you guys..........

Redhanded
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow there are some HUGE 6 pointers mixed in there. Neat to see, Thanks for shareing.

Bob S
09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
It's amazing what a little age structure can do.

XLR8
09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I though the banquet turned out well

wildart
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
i was really surprised and impressed with the numbers and the excitement - got a lot of feedback as to how to improve and as to what people expect and it is only going to get better ----looking forward to next year, kw

XLR8
09-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Yea everyone that I have talked to said that they had a good time and will be back.So now let hope the word gets out to some of the others.I don,t think the vinyard will hold any more people than that though. AR

XLR8
09-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I posted same photo as you this is the one I was trying to post LOL

wildart
09-29-2007, 08:59 AM
yeah - i pretty sure the location for next years banquet will hold 500 confortably - kw

fireboss
08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey I am new here but not new to QDMA. Been a member approx. 6 yrs. Searching old post and found this one. I was at this Banquet. Hey did those deer come from that sugar loaf place? I know they sure had a lot to say about it. Over heard someone say it was a big QDMA managed area.

pineghost
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Awesome bucks guys, it really showcases what QDM can do, I just wish people in my area would at least let some young bucks go.

What are you planting in your foodplots that the deer seem to prefer and are having good success growing.

fireboss
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
For my plots in the fall I have been using Rape, Purple top Turnips and mix in some rye and wheat. Have tryed the spring plots using Penningtons summer blend with some cow peas mixed in. If you have many deer I have found it won't last long in small plots less than an acre. I will begin planting around mid August.

pineghost
08-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Thats good to hear, the mix I'm trying has the same. I don't know of anyone in the area that has used greens and wasn't sure how the deer will take to them.

ncdrahthaar
08-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey I am new here but not new to QDMA. Been a member approx. 6 yrs. Searching old post and found this one. I was at this Banquet. Hey did those deer come from that sugar loaf place? I know they sure had a lot to say about it. Over heard someone say it was a big QDMA managed area.

Fire boss, No those deer did not come from the Sugar Loaf. If they were button bucks and does maybe so....thats about all they kill on this tract ( appox 1700ac.). They may call it a QDMA managed area, but that is a slap in the face to QDMA. If you could here some of the stories that I hear about what goes on there. No telling how many button bucks and 1 1/2 and 2 yo deer were killed last season on this tract. They ride around at all times of the night spotlighting the shooting lanes, putting corn out means driving the tractor up and down shooting lanes with a broadcast spreader or dumping corn directly from the trailer thats pulled, a tree stand is not something that you attach to tree or climb with ....its a tower you can get a couple of buddies in with you.

One of the hunters once said that "deer were like cows.. herding animals and the more time you spend in the woods letting them see you, that they would get where they wouldn't pay any attention to people when you are there to hunt". And they wonder why don't see any deer.