PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for clover to come up after planting?

Kuckus
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
How long (after a good rain of course;) ) does it usually take for durana / patriot and crimson clover to appear? The reason I'm asking is that my nurse crop of wheat is 5" tall after 7 days since the last storm. Austrian peas are about the same and looking good. Chicory is about 1" tall... BUT THE CLOVER?:confused:

sag@work
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Crimson, as a annual, pops up very fast, days, and grows quickly. Perennial white clover are much slower in growth rate. They may sprout in a week- 10 days then grow very slowly through the fall and early spring. The following summer and fall growth should accelerate with enough rain.

outdoorstom
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Excellent question...I'll be watching this thread closely since I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I planted ww as a cover for my 2 acre durana plot almost a month ago. We FINALLY got some rain a couple days ago and the ww in coming up nicely...waiting on the clover now. Good luck with your plot and I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

banc123
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
7-10 days you should be able to see a little green dot. I'm not up on clover, but since I just planed some last Monday and could see it this Sunday at a bunch of little greed dots, I figure thats pretty close.

Kuckus
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
At 9 days after the last rainfall, my durana / patriot mix is breaking ground this evening! As an added bonus... IT'S RAINING NOW:D ! Temperatures the last few days have between the mid 50's at night and 75 as a daytime high.