PDA

View Full Version : Got My Mineral Lick Out

Plinker
12-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Picked up the DCP today which was the ingredient the feed store had to order. Mixed up about 40 lbs and put it into a 100 lb feed sack. The feed sack is easier to strap down to the carrier rack of the 4-wheeler than a 5 gal bucket.It's miserably cold out, wet and little snow and lot of wind, but i couldn't wait and went back by the spring and made the lick.It was a good thing it was wet, because that way i could see where the drainage water comes down and not put it there to get washed away.I think 40 lbs will be enough to get them started, it was easier to lift, because it had to be carried a ways off the trail.

I forgot to take corn to sprinkle on it, so i hope they find it.

While i was at the feed store i asked for salt for my Mother in law's steps. They said most people use "40" fertilizer now, instead of salt to put on the snow because it is easier on the concrete. Her steps are wood, but i got her fertilizer anyway. Those little pellets are easier to spread than the rock like salt.

Plinker

jfwalker
12-23-2004, 04:07 PM
The salt smell is strong and deer have a great sense of smell. The deer will find it in a few days