PDA

View Full Version : Butyrac 200 rain 7-10 days after application will cause crop injury?? WHAT?

Kirch
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM
On the label of Butyrac 200 it states the following ""Rainfall or overhead irrigation within 7 - 10 days following application can cause crop injury."

is this true? How are you suppose to apply ANYTHING without getting rain? I was going to spray tonight, but now i"m having second thoughts as it is going to rain tomorrow.

I'm in upstate NY and 7-10 days w/o rain is feel and far between....... and relying on the weathermans forecast...... i dont even want to go there.

anyone ever spary this stuff and have it rain the next day? if so what happened? I'm spraying clover.

qdmohio
08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Kirch, I had the same question a few weeks ago after reading the same label. I went ahead and sprayed anyway, and we got rain in that 7-10 days time period and I didn't notice any damage to my clover or alfalfa. I think you should be okay, I'm at a loss as to why the label would state that. Foodplotdude is a Butyrac 200 dealer, I believe, maybe he will chime in with some answers.

qdmohio

Kirch
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
yup, I emailed foodplotdude and he said it wasn't an issue as well. I think the company puts that on there to cover their a$$.......... seems like a way out of you tried to go back on them.

I'm spraying tonight and will keep my fingers crossed.

how long was it before you noticed results.

qdmohio
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I noticed "some" broadleaves starting to curl within a few days, however there are quite a few broadleaves that I know got sprayed that so far haven't showed signs of dying, and I sprayed a little over a week and a half ago. As some said on here about Butyrac 200, maybe it isn't quite as "hot" as a broad spectrum broadleaf killer. I did a tank mix of Butyrac 200 with "Volunteer" grass killer (active ingredient "clethodim") and sprayed them on together, and I'm getting a pretty good grass kill from the Volunteer, but that usually takes a few weeks to notice huge results.

Good luck.

Kirch
08-09-2007, 11:37 AM
nice. I'm mixing my Butyrac 200 w/ poast plus and crop oil hitting 2 clover plots. Both are new and the clover looks great. 4-6" tall but the grass has shot up about 10-12" I hope the poast will knock it back. I didn't want to mow because the clover is new and it's hot. I wanted to spray a few weeks ago when I first noticed the grass, but it's been to darn hot and don't want to kill the plot.... too much work in it.

Hopefully, tonight will do the trick. The grass is really fresh/new as the plot was planted in early july. I'm amazed at how high the grass got so fast.

Soybean Man
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Warning on the label is the possibility of getting some root uptake injury. Some postemerge products have some preemerge activity, but may not be enough and are not marketed as such. 2,4-D has some restrictions as well for planting soon after.