PDA

View Full Version : 2 more QDM does

VaArcher
12-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey guys. I know looking at doe pictures isn't exactly thrilling but I thought I'd brag on the Mrs. a little. Most of you have probably seen the pics I posted of her first hunt. She wanted to go again this evening so I got to be guide again and watch her take her 3rd and 4th doe of the season. So far she has taken 4 shots and cleanly harvested 4 deer. These were taken in one of my clover fields at 70 yards with zero yards to recovery. She used a Weatherby Mark V chambered in 7mm-08, 3x9 Leupold Vari-X II scope with Federal premier 140 gr. ballistic tips.

She shot the first doe and the second one came back to investigate. These are taken from the stand before we got down.

http://www.spaceavenue.com/4/AsD13290.jpg

http://www.spaceavenue.com/4/sBc13741.jpg

sfisher
12-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Good job! Its good to see someone taking advantage of the doe population.

brassman
12-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Wow what a shot.

dogdoc
12-05-2004, 09:34 AM
i hope you two have a big freezer.

congrats to the Mrs.
todd

Bob S
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife on the does.

Thayer.qdma
12-05-2004, 09:51 PM
That looks like a bunch of fun, way to go!

VaArcher
12-06-2004, 01:01 AM
lol dogdoc, actually I do have a big freezer and I'm keeping all of these deer to eat! Thanks for all of the congrats guys. I let her read them and it makes her feel that much more involved in QDM and hunting in general. It's been a great season. I never would have dreamed that my wife would take up hunting and be as dead serious about it as she is. She keeps telling me how she really wants to see a big one now. Somebody pinch me. smileys/smiley17.gif

Bob S
12-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all of the congrats guys. I let her read them and it makes her feel that much more involved in QDM
So, does that mean you are going to get her a QDMA membership of her own for Christmas? We have some very active women members up here in the Mid-Michigan Branch. Don`t see why you don`t get your wife involved.

VaArcher
12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I'll have to put that on the list Bob! So far I'm buying a new rifle for me ( yeah, I gave her the Weatherby ) , buying her all new camo, including boots, warm weather camo and a good set of coveralls. I'm also going to buy a few ladder stands for her as well. No kidding, it will take 1500.00 or so by the time I'm done. I'm darn glad to be doing it too! Did I mention I get a new rifle??? smileys/smiley1.gif

Bob S
12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Save enough money so the two of you can attend the National Convention in South Carolina in June.