National Convention Heads to Athens, Georgia, in 2013!
“A Proven Past – A Promising Future”
The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) will hold its 13th annual National Convention in Athens, Ga., at The Classic Center on July 18-21, 2013.
QDMA will celebrate its 25th anniversary at the 2013 National Convention as the event returns to Athens, home of QDMA’s National Headquarters. Athens was host of the first two QDMA National Conventions in 2001 and 2002.
A new Convention format will be implemented in 2013 designed to be more fun, exciting and engaging than ever before. Recognizing how critical the education component is to Convention, the family-friendly format will include traditional seminars along with field trips as well as workshops for small groups focused on hunting tips and strategies.
Additional features of the 2013 QDMA National Convention format include:
• An exhibit hall where registered Convention attendees can converse one-on-one with QDMA sponsors and partners about the latest hunting and deer management products.
• The opportunity for volunteers and members to meet by region to discuss regional issues and current regional news.
• Side-tours of notable Athens landmarks.
• A “ladies only” event.
• Rack Pack youth activities.
There are three ways to register for National Convention:
1. Download a Registration Form (PDF), fill it out, and mail or fax it to QDMA.
2. Register Online.
3. Call (800) 209-3337, M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.
For questions about the National Convention and the registration process, contact us by e-mail or call (800) 209-3337.
Several registration options are available, including:
• Individual Convention Package - $220: Includes one pass to all QDMA National Convention sessions and events, a two-day pass to the Vendor Exhibit Hall and a QDMA Annual Membership or Membership Renewal.
• Couple’s Convention Package (for married couples only) - $380: Includes two passes to all QDMA National Convention sessions and events, two two-day passes to the Vendor Exhibit Hall, and one QDMA Annual Membership or Membership Renewal.
• Sponsor Upgrade - $200: Can be added to either package option and includes a sponsor membership package, convention VIP gift and entry into a sponsor only raffle.
• Whitetail Widsom (Education Packages) - 1 Day = $50, 3 Day = $120: Just want to listen and learn about deer? Education packages include admission to wildlife seminars, field modules, workshops and the Vendor Exhibit Hall.
• Partial or À La Carte Option: Pay just for the QDMA National Convention events you want to attend. Download the Registration Form to see complete pricing.
Unique Events for the 2013 National Convention:
Botanical Gardens Tour
Friday, July 19, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Registration fee: $15 per person
The attendees will go on a 1.5-2 hour Garden Sampler tour, and then have time to explore other areas and visit the café and gift shop. If you have never had a tour of the State Botanical Garden, the Garden Sampler tour is a good one for you. Take a stroll through the Tropical Collection in our Conservatory, see gardens from different cultures in our International Garden and see the beauty of a formal Southern Garden in our Heritage Garden.
Ladies Only Social: Downtown Athens Food Tour
Saturday, July 20 from 11:00am – 1:00pm
Registration fee: $35
The tour will make 4 stops: Clocked Diner, Georgia Theatre, Five Bar, and finish at Always Baked! Registration fee includes all food and drinks for each location. With approximately 96 bars and 60 restaurants, downtown Athens’s culinary and entertainment scene can be a bit tricky to navigate. Let Athens Food Tours be your guide to great food and fun! From swanky restaurants to hole-in-the-wall diners; we’ll make sure you have a well-rounded culinary experience. Come with us as we meet restaurant chefs and owners, hear their stories and sample the best dishes they have to offer.
Early Bird Offer (EXPIRED):
• Register by June 1, 2013 to receive a 10% discount and entry into the Early Bird Raffle to be drawn at the Grand Banquet & Auction.
To arrange reserved seating for the Homecoming Celebration Dinner on Thursday, July 18, 2013, and the 25th Anniversary Grand Banquet & Auction on Saturday, July 20, 2013, please complete the forms below and return them to QDMA Headquarters no later than June 15, 2013. Tables will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis from the front of the room to the back, with prime seating reserved for QDMA Sponsor and Life Members.
Homecoming Celebration Dinner Seating Form
25th Anniversary Grand Banquet & Auction Seating Form
Educational Event Seating:
To reserve your seats for educational events at the QDMA 13th Annual National Convention, please select the events you wish to attend and return this form to Tori Cantrell at QDMA Headquarters no later than July 1, 2013.
Educational Event Seating Form
For lodging, book your reservation by phone or online. When booking your room, mention QDMA.
Classic City Hilton Garden Inn – 706-353-6800 ***QDMA's block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn has been filled***
Foundry Park Inn – 706-549-7020 or online.
Hotel Indigo – 706-546-0430
2013 National Convention & Athens, Georgia Links:
- QDMA's 13th annual National Convention will be held at The Classic Center.
- Learn more about visiting Athens, Georgia.
- Athens, Georgia is home to QDMA, the University of Georgia and the UGA Deer Lab.
- Downtown Athens has more than 65 specialty shops, 55 popular eateries, and 40 taverns and nightspots.
- Check out the calendar of upcoming events, movies, music and more with Flagpole.
- Groome Transportation provides 18 round trips daily between Athens and Atlanta's Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport.
- Take in a concert at the historic Georgia Theatre or 40 Watt Club.
- Visit the nearby State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
Athens is renowned for music, food and shopping. Here's some more links to reviews of the Classic City.
- "The Next Big Thing" 10 cities where the music's hot and the food rocks by Gourmet.
- Chef Hugh Acheson's Guide to Athens, Georgia in GQ.
- Top 10 Cities With the Best Music Scenes Outside of Nashville NYC and LA – #1 Athens – by Livability.com.
- Tastemaker's Taste of the South.
- Strumming Along in Athens by Digital Journal.
- Terrapin Brewery named one of America's Top 10 Brewery Tours.
- Our 24 Hours in Athens, Georgia: Top Picks in Food, Fashion & Music by RoadHugUSA.com.
- Athens is good enough to eat (and drink) by Creative Loafing.
- Livability.com Top 10 College Towns of 2012.