Bring your outdoor skills and stories to Athens, Georgia, for QDMA's 14th Annual National Convention ... Rendezvous Style!
QDMA will hold its 14th annual National Convention in Athens, Georgia, at The Classic Center on July 24-27, 2014, so mark your calendars to enjoy the new events planned for this year, such as the Outdoorsman Challenge, themed parties and late night bonfires with QDMA friends. And don't forget, just like every rendezvous, there will also be plenty of live music, so be sure to pack your dancing shoes!
There's always something fun going on in the Classic City! Athens' Victorian-era downtown scene is home to 65 specialty retailers, 55 eateries and 40 taverns and nightspots, all within walking distance of the convention center. It's the perfect place to reunite with your QDMA family!
Keeping with its reputation as a leader in deer hunting education, QDMA will offer several informative sessions during the day that are hands-on and fun for the entire family!
QDMA loves its volunteers! Be there to cheer for your local Branch and applaud the efforts of outstanding volunteers who have made QDMA's conservation efforts possible.
Online registration for the 2014 National Convention is now closed. You can still register in person at The Classic Center.
To help expedite the registration process, please Download a Registration Form (PDF), fill it out and bring it it with you to the registration desk in The Classic Center Atrium. Registration will be open at the following times:
- Wednesday, July 23: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday: July 24: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 25: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, July 26: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
$220 - Individual Convention Package: Includes one pass to the general session, Whitetail Ramblings, QDMA seminar series and workshops, Buckskin Bash, Outdoorsman Challenge, deer research field modules, Whitetail Reunion luncheon, leadership session, Grand Banquet and Auction and regional meetings. Also includes 1 QDMA Annual Membership or Membership Renewal.
$380 - Couple's Convention Package (married couples only, please): Includes two passes to the general session, Whitetail Ramblings, QDMA seminar series and workshops, Buckskin Bash, Outdoorsman Challenge, deer research field modules, Whitetail Reunion luncheon, leadership session, Grand Banquet and Auction and regional meetings. Also includes 2 QDMA Annual Memberships or Membership Renewals.
- Thursday - $95: Includes one pass to: 2 seminars, the general session, Whitetail Ramblings and the Buckskin Bash
- Friday - $100: Includes one pass to: 2 field modules, 3 workshops, Whitetail Reunion luncheon, and the leadership session
- Saturday - $120: Includes one pass to: 2 field modules, 3 workshops, the Outdoorsman Challenge, 1 seminar and the Grand Banquet and Auction
Partial or Add-On Registration:
- Buckskin Bash: $65 Individual, $50 Child
- Whitetail Reunion Luncheon: $55 Individual, $45 Child
- Grand Banquet & Auction: $75 Individual, $65 Child
Early Bird Offer:
• Register early to receive a 10% discount and entry into the Early Bird Raffle to be drawn at the Grand Banquet & Auction. Early Bird deadline is June 1, 2014.
Branch Officer Discount:
• Branch officers receive a 10% discount.
For lodging, book your reservation by phone or online. When booking your room, mention QDMA.
Classic City Hilton Garden Inn:
Online Reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn
Group Code: 00QBM
Online Reservations at the Holiday Inn
Group Code: QDM
Online Reservations at Hotel Indigo
Group Code: DEE
To view a map of Downtown Athens, click here.
2014 National Convention & Athens, Georgia, Links:
- QDMA's 14th annual National Convention will be held at The Classic Center.
- Learn more about visiting Athens, Georgia.
- Athens, Georgia is home to QDMA, the University of Georgia and the UGA Deer Lab.
- Downtown Athens has more than 65 specialty shops, 55 popular eateries, and 40 taverns and nightspots.
- Check out the calendar of upcoming events, movies, music and more with Flagpole.
- Groome Transportation provides 18 round trips daily between Athens and Atlanta's Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport.
- Take a tour of Terrapin Beer Company, recently named one of America's top craft breweries!
- Take in a concert at the historic Georgia Theatre or 40 Watt Club.
- Visit the nearby State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
Athens is renowned for music, food and shopping. Here's some more links to reviews of the Classic City.
- "The Next Big Thing" 10 cities where the music's hot and the food rocks by Gourmet.
- Chef Hugh Acheson's Guide to Athens, Georgia in GQ.
- Top 10 Cities With the Best Music Scenes Outside of Nashville NYC and LA – #1 Athens – by Livability.com.
- Tastemaker's Taste of the South.
- Strumming Along in Athens by Digital Journal.
- Our 24 Hours in Athens, Georgia: Top Picks in Food, Fashion & Music by RoadHugUSA.com.
- Athens is good enough to eat (and drink) by Creative Loafing.
- Livability.com Top 10 College Towns of 2012.
Additional National Convention Forms: