Deer Steward Online
Through a unique partnership with Clemson University, individuals who have a high-speed internet connection and Mozilla FireFox web browser also can choose to enroll in the Level I class online, making Deer Steward as convenient and affordable as it’s ever been!
Click here to download Mozilla FireFox Web Browser. It's free!
Once registered, attendees gain access to a digital recording of one of our previous Deer Steward Level I courses (filmed in front of a live audience) and will have up to 180 days to complete the series of six sessions (broken down into approximately 17 one-hour topics) at their own pace.
Instructors and Continuing Education
- Kip Adams, Wildlife Biologist, QDMA's Director of Education and Outreach
- Dr. David Guynn, Professor Emeritus, Clemson University
- Joe Hamilton, Wildlife Biologist, QDMA's Director of Development
- Dr. Craig Harper, Professor and Extension Wildlife Specialist, University of Tennessee
- Dr. Karl V. Miller, Professor, University of Georgia
- Brian Murphy, Wildlife Biologist, QDMA CEO
- Matt Ross, Wildlife Biologist and Forester, QDMA Certification Programs Manager
- Dr. Grant Woods, Wildlife Biologist/Consultant and President, GrowingDeer.TV
Just like the in-person classes, registrants must pass an exam, and Continuing Forestry Education (CFEs) credits from the Society of American Foresters will be available (approved for 14.0 hours, 4.0 Cat 1-CF and 10.0 Cat 2), as well as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from The Wildlife Society (approved for 17.0 hours Cat 1 toward Certification Renewal/Professional Development). Clemson University also offers an expanded QDM course for any college students at the senior or graduate level (3.0 hours) that also qualifies for Level I Deer Steward certification.
Graduates of online Deer Steward will be eligible to take one of the in-person Level II courses upon completion.
Click here to print the Online Deer Steward I Registration Form, or Click here to regsiter online through The Shed. Once the application has been processed by the QDMA, the registrant will receive a unique username and password from Clemson University a few days later, as well as instructions on how to log onto the online Deer Steward system.
Active Duty Military in Combat Zones can click here to obtain a registration form to take the course free-of-charge.
- $200 Non-QDMA Members
- $175 Regular QDMA Members
- $150 QDMA Life Members, Sponsor Members and Corporate Sponsors, Partners and Supporters
- FREE for Active Military in Combat Zones
Online fees increase $50 per level with CFE’s. Cost includes instruction and a course certificate.
If you have any questions regarding the online Deer Steward course please contact:
QDMA Certification Programs Manager